Mu Drum Rack crashes Ableton 8.3

Post your Lemur Projects.
Northerner_V1
Mu Drum Rack crashes Ableton 8.3

Post by Northerner_V1 » 27 Apr 2012 20:12

Hi,

Running Ableton 8, Lemur 3.1.0. When I load Mu, everything works fine until I load a Drum Rack in Mu on the iPad. Then Ableton crashes - every time. Ive tried deleting and reinstalling The Mu folder in both the Cycling '74 folder and my Ableton 8 library but the same thing happens. Is this something I'm doing wrong or a bug in Mu?

kraftf
Regular

Re: Mu Drum Rack crashes Ableton 8.3

Post by kraftf » 30 Apr 2012 15:22

Crashed on me as well. Live 8.2.5

Northerner_V1

Post by Northerner_V1 » 06 May 2012 21:37

Still having major issues with this - crashes without fail every time but only on Drum Racks through Mu. Anyone any ideas? :?

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 09 May 2012 01:49

Hi
Two thiings to try . . .
Go to your Mu folder in your Max install and rename both relevant files to DrumRack1.
Restart and see if that helps.

Or even better, try DrumRack_SH by Sebastian Harvey which seems to work,

Will have a look and try to see what the problem is.
Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

bennydlyte

Post by bennydlyte » 04 Jun 2012 22:34

Hello all,
I just stumbled upon this while going through the tutorials in Live 8.3.

@Macciza: I tried renaming Applications/Max5/Mu 1.2/Resources/DeviceControllers/Instruments/Drum Rack/DrumRack.* --> DrumRack1.*

But, didn't work, Live still bombs out and so far that's the only one that hasn't blown my mind as far as being a dead sick control surface! So first let me say kudos to you and all those involved in developing such a wicked tool. I'm sure once I figure this out it'll be par for the course cool. Now, where was I, ah, I looked up the DrumRack_SH file and it seems that it is nowhere to be found, might you have the m4l and *.jzml files handy? Or, have you possibly discovered another fix that'll keep this from knocking Live out of the box? It's a pretty crucial tool to have, I hope it's an easy fix of sorts...

An aside, is the reason a couple FX ie. the vocoder, have such a weak interface in Mu due to these FXs being later additions to Live or were deemed just less used by Mu's creators? Just curious as I know I can pioneer one given the Mu + Lemur architecture, just a matter of convenience I guess.

Thanks again!
b

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 05 Jun 2012 04:46

Hm
Renaming it worked for me - I actually used DrumRack? so maybe try that, and make sure your file permissions are right . . .

Here are the Sebastian Harvey patches - I thought they were in the library . . .
Archive.zip
DrumRack_SH for Mu
(4.82KiB)Downloaded 192 times
Will try to have another look at the standard DrumRack issue sometime but it is working for me . . .

Re Mu Fx etc. yes, some came out after the intial release so were not originally included. Additional development since
has added some of the missing ones and variations to others ie SH's work. So yes the Vocoder could be implemented better.

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

bennydlyte

Post by bennydlyte » 05 Jun 2012 17:35

The SH patch did it mate, thanks!
Tried the renaming again and it just doesn't wanna work with those files, oh well...

Since I may have you on the line here, I have to ask is it something simple I'm overlooking such that the effects racks in Live don't respond to the Mu 2x4 controller macros, any of them? I include this in this conversation cause SH's DrumRack patch also have the rotary-type encoders all which are labeled "macros". Saw mention of a pacth with label here:

http://forum.jazzmutant.com/viewtopic.php?p=15561

But, given its source that would have to be legacy, which would then require some sort of port for the iPad, no?

bennydlyte

Post by bennydlyte » 06 Jun 2012 16:50

Whoa, started working, damn I love this thing, worth every penny and makes Live mad-easy to use (and learn) quickly!

bennydlyte

Post by bennydlyte » 09 Jun 2012 14:56

@Macciza, why is it that when I hit a note in Mu representing a DrumRack pad that is occupied it doesn't trigger the sound in Live, am I missing something here? The notes line up so that not it I think...

13J

Post by 13J » 08 Oct 2012 00:42

I'm also having issues, I can load the drum rack in Mu, and the macro knobs work, but the pads don't. Any fixes?