Oberheim Matrix Template

Post your Lemur Projects.
kabletx
Re: Oberheim Matrix Template

Post by kabletx » 06 May 2012 03:26

Hey, here is that default patch I promised. I just have it saved to slot 0.00 on the Matrix, and I design from there!
Attachments
Matrix1000Default.syx.zip
Default patch for matrix1000 template
(647Bytes)Downloaded 272 times

jjsc

Post by jjsc » 08 May 2012 18:28

Thx mate! im gonna try it right now, thanks again :)

Regards,

J

kabletx

Post by kabletx » 08 May 2012 20:10

Good deal. Let me know how to works for you. Nice to hear that someone else is getting use outta all that work! :D

kristian

Post by kristian » 02 Aug 2012 21:10

Hey! So I just tried out the template in Ableton Live.. and I can't get it to work... I have a sneaking suspicion that it is because Live's sysex handling is nonexistent; the program doesn't handle either sysex or NRPN and so I think the messages are filtered before it reaches the synth.. Its supposed to send out continous sysex whenever you move params around on the first page right? The "Send" thing is only for the modulation matrix right? I couldn't find any "send" messages on the front page so I just presume it should send messages...

Anybody got this to work in Ableton Live?

kabletx

Post by kabletx » 02 Aug 2012 22:14

You're correct about why it doesn't work in Ableton. I use Live as my DAW, but I route all my MIDI through my interface and bypass Ableton entirely. This is done fairly easily with the Lemur Daemon, and you can select the appropriate MIDI target in the template so as not to FUBAR any other routing you have woth other Lemur projects. Just create a new routing in the Daemon that goes straight to your interface. That would be annoying if you wanted automation, but the Matrix responds poorly to real time parameter changes anyway.

Yes, the sends are only for the Matrix.

kristian

Post by kristian » 02 Aug 2012 22:27

holy sh*t I didn't know that would work... just tried it... wow, this is awesome :) thanks man!

Minosan

Post by Minosan » 18 Sep 2012 14:43

i"m not particuarly sure of what i am doing wrong . but can't seem to understand how to get this patch work on my matrix 6r
i have tried by passing the midi from ableton live via lemur editor but it got me nowhere, i know that i'm missing something here
because it seems to work for others
could anybody help me get this right please? or upload a snapshot of their ableton/lemur editor
if you have a similar configuration?
any help would be really great
thanks!

kabletx

Post by kabletx » 06 Dec 2012 03:21

Minosan wrote:i"m not particuarly sure of what i am doing wrong . but can't seem to understand how to get this patch work on my matrix 6r
i have tried by passing the midi from ableton live via lemur editor but it got me nowhere, i know that i'm missing something here
because it seems to work for others
could anybody help me get this right please? or upload a snapshot of their ableton/lemur editor
if you have a similar configuration?
any help would be really great
thanks!
Sorry for the late reply...I just saw your post.

Unfortunately, Ableton filters out all MIDI SYSEX data, which is what the Matrix needs to function. Thus, you CAN'T route the template THROUGH Ableton and get it to work. However, I'm assuming you have an external MIDI interface to which the Matrix is connected. If so, just route the data DIRECTLY through the interface and bypass Ableton altogether. This precludes automation, but honestly the Martix glitches out if you move the controls too quickly anyway.

helldriver

Post by helldriver » 04 Jan 2013 13:20

hi everybody!
First off, massive thx for sharing your template!
But for me this template isn´t working either. I have an Oberheim Matrix 6. I tried to use a Midisport 4x4 interface to control the Matrix 6. Although my midi interface showed out going midi data (flickering output LEDs), the Matrix 6 didn´t receive anything at all. I connected the Matrix 6 directly from my Ipad via an ad hoc network directly to my Midisport 4x4 midi interface. By the way I am using Windows 7 64bit.
Could anybody imagine what is the problem?
The strange thing is, the Matrix is responding to software midi editors. but it is not recognizing midi from the ipad template (nor my Bitstream 3x which has dedicated sysex string presets for the Matrix 1000).
Since it seems to work with Matrix 1000 it rises the question is it a Matrix 6 issue only? (Unfortunately there is no Matrix 1000 around here so i cannot test it with a Matrix 1000).

Do i have to change something in the midi sysex code to get me this matrix 1000 template to work with a matrix 6? Does anybody know what´s different between a Matrix 1000 and a Matrix 6? Basically both synths are pretty much the same I guess.

thx Helldriver

kabletx

Post by kabletx » 04 Jan 2013 16:08

Hey, thanks for trying my template, and I'm sorry it's no working for you. I only have a M1000, so I confess I've not tested the template with the 6. That said, my understanding at the time was that there were no differences between the synths in terms of their MIDI specs, so it SHOULD work.

I confess I'm honestly not certain where one might start the troubleshooting process if you state that the synth will take commands from software editors, but perhaps something is amiss in the Lemur Daemon settings? That would seem to be the outlier...

Also just make certain that nothing is filtering out the SYSEX; I know that's been a problem for folks using Ableton to try and route their MIDI...