Oberheim Matrix Template

Post your Lemur Projects.
kabletx
Oberheim Matrix Template

Post by kabletx » 27 Apr 2012 00:02

Creating this thread for any questions or suggestions regarding my Oberheim Matrix Template.

Minosan

Re: Oberheim Matrix Template

Post by Minosan » 28 Apr 2012 09:06

HI ,i was actually thinking to build one too for my matrix 6r,
i am very new to the lemur app , so far i'm learning slowly and enjoying the results
i have tried to download your template but i don't know if i'm doing anything wrong
it seems to download just text and not a jzlm file
could you let me know?
btw well done on the effort!
im looking forward to test your template

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 28 Apr 2012 12:24

Hi
I think you will find it is a jzml with an extra .txt in the name.
Simply remove the .txt part and keep the .jzml and it should work

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Minosan

Post by Minosan » 28 Apr 2012 22:50

Oh i see! Thanks MM
did not realise that!
gonna try it out!

jjsc

Post by jjsc » 30 Apr 2012 07:45

Hi,

first of all, thanks for your template but im having some troubles when downloading it, im trying to download from ipad's safari, and when click on download, it shows me the window saying "the download will start automatically or download manually". since the download never starts i click on download manually and it shows the script code in the download window but it doesnt download anything :(

i dont know what have i done, but i've been able to download other template before (the tetra one) without problems but now it does the same when trying to download it...

any ideas?

thanks and regards

J

kabletx

Post by kabletx » 30 Apr 2012 21:20

Jjsc,

Just tested in Safari. Looks like you can select "open in Lemur," which works on my end. Personally I use on the Atomicweb browser which allows you to download the file without any issues, but the above method should work in Safari.

jjsc

Post by jjsc » 01 May 2012 19:30

Thanks kabletx, dunno what i did but restoring default setting in the ipad it worked, i have tested the template and it works like a charm :) just a question, it doesnt have parameter feedback on patch change, right? thanks for your work

Regards,

J

kabletx

Post by kabletx » 01 May 2012 19:58

Thanks for checking out the template! Definitely let me know if you find any bugs. Are you using a 1000, or a 6 series?

No patch feedback. It SHOULD be possible, given that the Matrix will sysex dump the data and software editors can do it, it's beyond my merger coding knowledge...pretty sure I'd have to start from scratch.

I "solve" the problem by having a default patch that matches the current setting on the template and working from there. Real time manipulation is pretty limited without everything hanging...I just keep telling myself that so that isn't start over! Haha.

jjsc

Post by jjsc » 02 May 2012 15:19

hi kabletx, im using a 1000 and at the moment i havent found any bug just a few hangs but its the matrix issue :)

no problem with the parameter feed, my coding knowledge is zero so.. :P

btw, could you share the default patch with the template settings? it will be big help in creating patches from scratch :D

Thanks and Regards,

J

kabletx

Post by kabletx » 02 May 2012 16:58

I will upload the patch when I get the chance.

You can recreate it fairly quickly simply by altering each selection and then returning it to it's position on load. It should just sound like two raw sawtooths with some velocity response.