Sonic Charge uTonic update/remake version 1.5

Post your Lemur Projects.
Softcore
Regular
Re: Sonic Charge uTonic update/remake version 1.5

Post by Softcore » 09 Apr 2013 21:46

By saying "native mTonic midi mapping" I mean actually using its "edit midi - CC" function to map controls.

Due to the fact that Ableton Live only allows only 127 automatable parameters for each plug in (so thats the amount of the controls you can map too) what I did was mapping 127 controls of mTonic using Live's system (midi learn) (the ones I considered crucial and needed feedback) and the rest using mTonic's mapping (no feedback)....

Im uploading the template as we speak! ;)

Floperry_89

Post by Floperry_89 » 10 Apr 2013 03:35

when i'm looking into your scripts stuff, it's incredible how much i don't understand nothing

but anyway, i've finally made it operate with your wonderful help and template. Thanks, now it's working nice with live mapped and native's mode 8 and 9 channels. Not feedback for reason i ignore but nice anyway !!

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 18 May 2013 07:28

Sonic charge updated μTonic to 3.1

Besides 64bit VST support, the most valuable additions are midi CC sending from buttons and knobs making bi-directional communication possible with the plug-in's native mapping system and some sort of pattern editing via midi CC - I havent yet tried the new features but expect to see a major overhaul on my Lemur template for μTonic which will now use the native midi mapping system of the plug in.

YES Im excited!!!!

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 19 May 2013 17:20

Here's a sneak peek! ;)

I will also incoprorate functions like pattern copy - paste, randomise and init channel pattern programmatically of course because they are not :midi - mappable"....I have some obstacles to overcome but it goes pretty nicely......
sneakpreview.png
sneakpreview.png (101.18KiB)Viewed 7496 times

mism

Post by mism » 21 May 2013 23:34

Hi Softcore, nice work, thanks, glad I stopped by. I haven´t got any notice that there were further replies in
this discussion.
I just tested your latest template, but ran into some problems regarding cc control assignments in Live 9.0.4.
Weired stuff, I couldn´t assign some values correctly, even after changing various things (midi channel, etc.).
I´ll have to check the next days again and dig a bit deeper what the problem is, but it seems as Live has some
midi bugs..., only my 2 cents though.
Looking forward to your new template, looks great! :D

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 22 May 2013 12:20

Dont bother with my old template - the new, improved one, will come with μTonic native midi mapping system - this will be as easy as loading a saved file, through mTonic that will work for *any* DAW.

;)

mism

Post by mism » 22 May 2013 14:57

Thanks for the info Softcore, any idea yet when you´ll be able to upload it, no pressure though! ;)

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 22 May 2013 15:16

Its almost done...just adding some bits like "shift pattern", "randomize pattern" with probability settings, and probably a handy "tilt to morph" function. ;)

Possibly this weekend! ;)

As for Live, one of its most weird things, is that unless you use a midi track to send midi to mTonic loaded on an OTHER track, there is no way to send midi to it in any other channel besides channel 1. In other words, any incoming midi message (of any channel) is "transformed once it has "entered" the midi track to channel 1. So you have to cnfigure mTonic to receive on channel 1. And to be more specific, the midi track can be set to receive from the desired channel (input settings) but then, internally it is transformed to channel 1.

Make the following experiment:

Insert mTonic into Ableton Live. Use mTonic's settings (midi config dialogue) to set it to receive on midi channel 1. Use a controller that sends midi on channel 14. Set Ableton live track (where mTonic resides) to receive midi from controller - channel 14. Try to map a control to mTonic (with its native system). Result: it works. But it shouldnt - we send on channel 14 and its set to receive on channel 1.

Then set mTonic to receive on channel 14. Result:nada - but it should, we send on channel 14, and its set to receive on channel 14.

Now do the following. Insert another blank midi track. Set its input to midi controller - channel 14. Set its output to Mtonic track - 14-mTonic (the midi channels appear as options). Now mTonic WILL receive on channel 14.

;)

mism

Post by mism » 22 May 2013 18:32

:lol:
Man, this is weired stuff, I wonder if Live 8 behaves the same.
I mostly use blank midi tracks to receive and send midi to stuff and I did it like that
this time as well, also for the bidirectional way.
It mostly worked, mapping each fader/knob/etc. of the utonic template to it´s destination,
but on some specific cc numbers it would just not work. I checked inside the template itself for possible
mistakes, but found nothing, all is correct. The signal goes thru it´s blank midi channel to mtonic, but
for some reason mtonic can´t receive some cc numbers.

I was about to try different midi channels and write down all cc number assingments, but it was just too late...

So, now I better wait, great to hear you might be able to finish soon, hope it will be all good and that Ableton
does not bitch next time.

peace
Markus