Launchpad Lemur iPad

Post your Lemur Projects.
Teej
Launchpad Lemur iPad

Post by Teej » 17 Apr 2012 15:32

Hello,

I am very new to this... I can successfully sync up the iPad and software like Ableton and make some basic patches.
But I am trying to make something that resembles the Novation Launchpad.
I have successfully created a grid of buttons to launch clips via MIDI CC. But if the clip is looping it will turn the button off after one revolution.
Ideally, the buttons would work just like the Launchpad ones. Recognising a clip in the slot and a if it is playing or not etc.
I would like to do this with the Lemur app as I would like the ability to edit the template and add other functionality and pages to the patch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

protocol

Re: Launchpad Lemur iPad

Post by protocol » 17 Apr 2012 22:23

@ Teej
You have M4L or not? That could change how you do this.
Also Zengel made one http://forum.jazzmutant.com/viewtopic.p ... =launchpad . not sure where he posted it, could have just missed it on the user library, but im sure if you ASk him for it he'd be more than willing to send it to you.
- Protocol

phooka

Post by phooka » 17 Apr 2012 22:38

I think it would be great on many levels to make a launchpad emulator for lemur. So that Ipad+lemur can ultimately replace a physical launchpad. Is this possible? Is anyone capable interested in accomplishing such a task? Would this require a PD patch running to translate stuff?

EDIT: just read post from zengel. I would send him a message, but upon attempting to register there, received an error that confirmation email failed to send and yet i cannot retry because the system thinks my email and username are now registered. Also it seems he has not been active on the mutant forum since 2011. Would love to have that template to start from if anyone has it.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 18 Apr 2012 02:59

Hi
I started mapping out some of the gui . . .
But did not proceed further - don't have a LaunchPad . . .
Not really named properly or scripted or anything . . .
Needs a bit work to get something happening . .
Needs a lot of work for full compatibility . . .
Here it is anyway - Share and Share alike . . .
^^LeLAUNCH.jzml
gui alpha version
(53.81KiB)Downloaded 412 times
Please repost any changes you make . . .
Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Teej

Post by Teej » 20 Apr 2012 12:30

@ Protocol

No I haven't got M4L. As my programming skills are weak. I'm ok making some basic templates and get it all working in Ableton. I can build a basic grid of buttons that launch clips. But not that would interact with Ableton in the same way as the Launchpad. Having the button stay green (for example) if a clip is looping. Red if there is a clip there that is there but not playing etc. I wouldn't be too fussed with the scrolling aspect or having to map it out manually.

Just to have a button that would function like this... Is it possible?

Thanks - Teej

mischjok

Post by mischjok » 06 May 2012 16:51

It´d be great if some programming genious out there could make this happen/work.

I actually came across this template from the user library which has a grid that resembles the launchpad a lot. The problem is, I can´t get it to receive the names of the clips (I know this is possible, as there are such features in the patch´s script). The template I´m talking about is called "Final Live". Perhaps someone could modify it and/or explain the intrincacies behind it.