monoemur & serial osc

Post your Lemur Projects.
dimi
Re: monoemur & serial osc

Post by dimi » 21 Apr 2012 18:07

this worked great! any serialosc app worked without problems. maybe led status was not updated correctly (but that could be due to a particular app) in some instances. I discovered where my max patch was flawed (in many levels :oops: ).
I now see what you meant by handling it all in the lemur template... i am very inexperienced to do this and help out. Still haven't made a template yet.
But do you think we can have one template handling both monomeserial and serialosc? or a separate for each type of application?

a huge thanks for all your work!

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 22 Apr 2012 14:27

No worries
Yeah I have noticed some weirdness at times with led redraws - not sure where the issue is
There are also a few newer messages that I did not deal with -

A Monemur connector that deals with both schemas should be possible . . .
Will probably look at a self-contained version on the Lemur also
It would be good to include some info overlays that change with app as well
Also an 16 color or RGB version would also be good to get happening . . .

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Josh Doane

Post by Josh Doane » 22 Apr 2012 16:56

Very interested in your progress here guys...

I've never used a Monome before, but they look fun, so I hope you guys can get this working!

scrubber
Regular

Post by scrubber » 16 Nov 2012 12:36

don't forgets! for the older apps that didn't use serial osc use the monome bridge:
http://docs.monome.org/doku.php?id=app: ... nomebridge
works a treat! scaled up the monome template to fit my legacy screen, nice big responsive buttons! good work!

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 16 Nov 2012 14:00

Hi
The original monemur work was all done on legacy hardware and the old format anyway . .
But yeah , i guess I should try to get back to some of this . . .
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

scrubber
Regular

Post by scrubber » 16 Nov 2012 15:19

yeah get back on it man!
the monemur was tiny when I first loaded it up on legacy screen!
got loads of custom monome patches that ahve been totally essential part of writing/gigging for a while now! i love some of the odler patches waaay more than the new ones that's why i wanted to get the others to work!

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 17 Nov 2012 01:07

Hi
The original monemur v3 should have been legacy sized , running old format . . .
I did up an iPad sized version and implemented serialosc format . . .
Then someone took that work and repacked it for iPhone - is that where you started?
There should be a native iPad version somewhere, I will have a look . . .
I also did an Arc implementation with a 40h grid that probably still needs finalising

Really want to work towards an RGB version in the end . . .

MM

scrubber
Regular

Post by scrubber » 17 Nov 2012 09:12

yeah man, that's where I started from!
couldn''t see the v3 for legacy, will have a look again but don't suppose it matters as there's a version working and its on my Lemur, cant ask for more ;)
the virtual arc that someone posted the link to on monome forum, i cant get to load up on mine, just instantly crashes JazzEditor everytime!
yeah an RGB version would be sweet! someone made a real one on the monome website didn't they? and added the code they'd used to get it to work with the arduino? not sure tho

scrubber
Regular

Post by scrubber » 17 Nov 2012 17:09

didnt notice the v3 for legacy next to the iphone version, which you also mentioned in the last post :cry:

scrubber
Regular

Post by scrubber » 19 Nov 2012 09:28

yo yo! I downloaded the legacy v3 patch and I'm having problems getting it to respond to the touches
I have set everythign up according to the max patch such as set osc 0 to my computer's IP (92.blah blah)
and then set the lemur to port 7999 and set the Lemur IP (listed in settings to the max patch)
I can get the patches to start working but only when I actually click on the monome patches I want to run but then they do not respond to any of the touches I make on the Lemur yet the visual feedback is there?