M-Audio Venom template

Post your Lemur Projects.
secretkillerofnames
M-Audio Venom template

Post by secretkillerofnames » 02 Apr 2012 01:43

Hi there,

I've just started working on a Lemur iPad template for the M-Audio Venom.
The goal is to have something that allows access to many of the parameters not accessible from the front panel and one that groups parameter types together.
It will be somewhat modelled on this one by the Matrixsynth guy.
However I have started testing and it appears that you can plug a USB directly between iPad and Venom via the Camera Connection Kit - so no need for "The Missing Link"
It's not going to be too fancy, as this is the first serious project i've done for the Lemur. It also won't replace the current Vyzex Venom librarian app... it will be primarily for live manipulation of parameters without requiring a laptop with that software running.
I thought i'd post about it in case someone has already started a project, or if anyone else wants to chip in with advice.

cheers
Lloyd

Edit: Latest version attached. Latest version has modulation matrix and arpeggiator controls. Also changed waveshape for easier selection. Please comment / suggest improvements etc...
Attachments
LemurVenom_003.zip
Lemur Venom V003
(17.58KiB)Downloaded 442 times
Last edited by secretkillerofnames on 13 Apr 2012 12:46, edited 3 times in total.

hogo

Re: M-Audio Venom template

Post by hogo » 03 Apr 2012 10:43

i would really like to have this!! good work :)

secretkillerofnames

Post by secretkillerofnames » 03 Apr 2012 11:20

hogo wrote:i would really like to have this!! good work :)
Sure... i'll post it up when ready and you can help me test. At the moment it looks like most of the basic oscillator, filter and lfo stuff is pretty easy to include - however the modulation matrix is a headache. I'm not sure how Lemur sends NRPNs, so will have to do some more research..

bxsj
Regular

Post by bxsj » 03 Apr 2012 19:31

You might be interested in this template: http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/192/
B.
Win7 64, Ipad Lemur, Cubase6 and a bunch of Roland Synths and Samplers

secretkillerofnames

Post by secretkillerofnames » 05 Apr 2012 06:27

bxsj wrote:You might be interested in this template: http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/192/
B.
Thanks, I downloaded that. Haven't spent enough time with it clearly. It seemed to be generating random notes but I couldn't work out what else it was doing.

chrs
Lloyd

hogo

Post by hogo » 06 Apr 2012 11:56

absolutely, post up when ready! I need angry distortion venom via ipad goodness!

secretkillerofnames

Post by secretkillerofnames » 07 Apr 2012 14:39

OK this is a start.
Two pages so far.
Page One: Waveshapes
I've managed to separate the oscillators from the percussive sounds and kits.
Page Two: Oscillator mixing
I'm not 100% sure if Start Mod, Drift, Sync, Keytrack and Glide are working yet. I'm attempting to convert values from the Matrixsynth guys Touch OSC template.
Everything else seems to work OK running direct out via Camera Connection kit into the Venom.
Will attempt some more tomorrow.
chrs
Lloyd

EDIT:
Removed file - added latest version to OP.

hogo

Post by hogo » 09 Apr 2012 08:27

Nice, will check out ASAP.

secretkillerofnames

Post by secretkillerofnames » 13 Apr 2012 12:52

Version 003 now up.
Includes modulation matrix and arp control.
Also
- changed the way waveshapes are selected to make it easier to select the correct wave type.
- fixed distortion type so it should work properly

I'm finding the majority of controls only work in single mode... i've yet to work out how to hack into multi-mode.
Single mode presets created via this template and saved on the synth do appear to carry over to multi-mode correctly in my experience.

I'm going to sit on this version for a little while so if you have a go and notice any problems or have any suggestions please let me know.
Feel free to mess with my template / make it better but please share the result here.

chrs
Lloyd

Francesco93mus

Post by Francesco93mus » 13 Nov 2012 17:56

(i'm italian...sorry for my english)
Why i can't configure Lemur with my Venom?
Can someone explain the steps? (except the daemon and midi "normal" configuration, because i think i know how it works).