Blofeld template developer [new 1.55 release for 2015]

Post your Lemur Projects.
analog604
Regular
Re: Blofeld template developer

Post by analog604 » 04 Jan 2013 15:04

you could decode the first 256bytes of any preset dump..

To do this, create a script object that has an Execution of 'On MIDI" F0 - System Exclusive for a MIDI interface.

Then assign the data to a vector aka array which several Monitor Objects show the data for using the subarray() function.

You'd get all numerical data, useful mostly for debugging purposes.. so you'd need to assign relevant patch byte to update knobs, sliders, and other objects.

As far an actual template that can do this bidirectionally.. I have a Waldorf Pulse template (version not released) that can decode sysex patches, but the Pulse patch is simple and small (less than 80 bytes!).

Attached is a template that will show inbound system exclusive from anything attached to Lemur MIDI target 0. I adapted it from a template written by dsorlien from this thread. http://liine.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... 3&start=10

-J
Attachments
sysex_displayQuick-dsorlien.jzml
Adapted dsorlien's loopback test to only show inbound sysex messages from Lemur MIDI Target 0.
(47.81KiB)Downloaded 222 times
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

analog604
Regular

Re: Blofeld template developer [new 1.54 release]

Post by analog604 » 07 May 2013 21:28

The new release is up, guys. It has been over a year that BJ and I have worked on it now. :)
Finally there is full control of Blofeld's FX section (that was tricky to code) and as BJ posts in the description:

Most obvious changes are:
Osc Shape Name - New + and – buttons
PWM Source Name
FM Source Name
Bend Range - New + and – buttons
All new AMP and FX sections
ARP fixes and new Reset-button
New “Welcome screen”

What is not included is multi-mode editing, we need to have more enhanced Lemur SysEx control to be able to accomplish that well.

comments welcome, enjoy!
Jay
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

helldriver

Post by helldriver » 17 May 2013 12:04

Multimode Editing would so nice, this synth is basically 16 synths in one :).

it would be nice too, to have preset managing or at least that the selected preset is represented on lemur because the blofeld presets can be very comlex and thus confusing :lol:

but anyway, nice work of you. many many thanks :)

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 17 May 2013 12:58

Heya helldriver, thanks for the post. I very much want full multimode editing too. I've used about 12 parts in a track including percussion sounds and oscillators with samples.

I wanted to at least be able to control the volume level of each part but it seems that function isn't accessible at all in MIDI implementation of the Blofeld OS version.

Someday I hope that Waldorf will release the next version of 'feld to include an SD card slot, more physical channel outputs and perhaps a few more knobs. I read the overviews of the chipsets (not recommended for new design and basically obsolete now) that are in the synth, and interesting thing is these chipsets already supported these features, with the right firmware it is capable of doing multi audio channel 'Dolby Surround' and digital sound (SPDIF/AES and so on).
:)

dialecticsines

Post by dialecticsines » 05 Jun 2013 13:31

Many thanks to the developers for this extremely useful tool.

Currently, I am trying to mod this template to work within my personal workflow, and that entails changing the MIDI Object Target from 0 to 1 for basically all of the controls. So, for most of the MIDI and Sysex messages, this is pretty straightforward - select the object, change MIDI Object Target to Midi 1. However, for some of the specialized controls, like the ARP stuff and the Waveform selector, I am unable to find where these are routed through to a specific MIDI Object Target. I imagine there is a component I am overlooking, but I can't find where you all have set the MIDI Object Target for these controls. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks again for the template.

dialecticsines

Post by dialecticsines » 05 Jun 2013 23:56

So, I figured out where to change the midi object target! It is in the sysex code under io in the ArpDashboard page.

Anyways, in my messing around with the template after I got everything working, I had a new question. Is there a way to change the behavior of the template such that when I load the template, it does NOT send any information to the blofeld? Obviously, there are work arounds to this, but I am hoping that I can use the editor in such a way that when I load it, it won't change the preset I am working with on the Blofeld. I made my own "init" of the template which works well of course with the Init patch, but it still changes presets if I load the preset first on the Blofeld and then the Lemur template on iPad. The main reason I am saying this is that the whole reason I switched everything to Midi 1 was that I have LiveControl 2 Midi 0, and I want to be able to switch back and forth between the two templates non destructively.

Either way, this thing does 99% of what it needs to, great work to you both!

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 09 Jun 2013 00:46

Hi dialecticsines,

I looked into the template resetting the patch on Blofeld..
What happens is the template sends many of its controls upon startup.

There isn't an easy way around that because many of the controls initialize and send out without scripted control. That very same thing was annoying me during development on another template. I made all controls go through a single MIDI output control script which wouldn't send anything until a startup 'settle time' had finished.

So workarounds.. :)
First thing that comes to mind is before loading the template, go into Lemur settings, and have the 'to: ' disconnected from Blofeld MIDI destination.

-J

I V O

Post by I V O » 26 Jun 2013 10:11

>Multimode Editing would so nice, this synth is basically 16 synths in one .

Hi all!

Good to see you are still working on this patch! It's been a while since I last checked in to see if the one feature I want since day one of owning Lemur is impemented by the knowledgeble blofeld patch creator tech's (on wich I have to rely cause I absolutely do not have the knowledge to do it myself) : the change midi channel implementation.
This would make things useable in Blofeld multi mode.

Until this is possible I will have to stick to a nice and clear controller patch for TB midi stuff (by Birds in Branches), in which the program (not the template) let's you easily change the midi channel the controller template sends to.
I have been looking (and reading the manual) for this in Lemur, a lot, but no luck.
Maybe the recently released Lemur 4 version would make things possible?

I sequence from Lemur with the great Sequencomat so switching to another application for controlling Blofeld is not ideal workflow, let alone that it sometimes causes buggy behaviour when switching while running the sequence.

Anyway, thanks you guys that are working in this patch for so long and making it into the most complete blofeld controller template available at this moment!

good day!
iv0

SB-SIX

Post by SB-SIX » 09 Oct 2013 18:10

Hi guys

First if all, great work on the template. But i have a question: is it possible to read the current blofeld patch? I can't seem to figure out how.

Cheers!

colossal

Post by colossal » 16 Oct 2013 21:05

Hi Guys, I have bought Lemur to use this template with Largo. It may need some tweaks but most CC's are the same.

The 1st problem is hoe to get the template to output on channel 1 , is this possible ?