Blofeld template developer [new 1.55 release for 2015]

Post your Lemur Projects.
analog604
Regular
Re: Blofeld template developer

Post by analog604 » 12 Mar 2012 22:02

After looking at it, I could try fitting it as a tab under Envelope. LFOs may have enough tabs at the moment..
It could always be moved easily!
Ocotuser wrote:Hi, yes the FX section would be nice! :) Maybe that section should have an own tab? Or perhaps a tab in the envelope or LFO section? On Blofeld FX comes after the Modifiers (and the 2 Amplifier pages). It's already 6 tabs with modulators/modifiers but it should be fine to squeez in one more I think. Otherwise an own FX page could be nice.
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 12 Mar 2012 22:10

thanks for the heads up BJ!
speaking of bugs if anyone finds something off or has suggestions and comments please do post!

I know that I have a variety of formatting adjustments to make. :oops:

[quote="Ocotuser"]Hello all. Yet another update is uploaded. I found some irritating bug on "FM Source" in all Oscillator sections. It's now fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

Octouser

Post by Octouser » 14 Mar 2012 08:14

Yes, I agree.

analog604 wrote:After looking at it, I could try fitting it as a tab under Envelope. LFOs may have enough tabs at the moment..
It could always be moved easily!
Ocotuser wrote:Hi, yes the FX section would be nice! :) Maybe that section should have an own tab? Or perhaps a tab in the envelope or LFO section? On Blofeld FX comes after the Modifiers (and the 2 Amplifier pages). It's already 6 tabs with modulators/modifiers but it should be fine to squeez in one more I think. Otherwise an own FX page could be nice.

Nedavine

Post by Nedavine » 21 Apr 2012 14:45

Appologies if this the wrong place to post this but I am not able to get this template to work. I have blofeld as an external instrument in ableton and the only thing that's working is the panic button? Am I missing something ?

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 21 Apr 2012 17:10

The first thing I'd check is the receive channel setup on Blofeld.

This template is currently setup to output on MIDI channel 6, so on the Blofeld Global MIDI page (shift+Global)
Set the receive to 6 or "omni" and Device ID set to 0 on same screen (provided that you don't have more than one Blofeld on this MIDI setup?).
A few more pages in on the GLobal MIDI setup of Blofeld, set Ctrl Receive to 'on'

At some point we'll have to setup a channel selector.

Please let us know how you make out. :)

-J
Nedavine wrote:Appologies if this the wrong place to post this but I am not able to get this template to work. I have blofeld as an external instrument in ableton and the only thing that's working is the panic button? Am I missing something ?

Nedavine

Post by Nedavine » 22 Apr 2012 04:29

analog604 wrote:The first thing I'd check is the receive channel setup on Blofeld.

This template is currently setup to output on MIDI channel 6, so on the Blofeld Global MIDI page (shift+Global)
Set the receive to 6 or "omni" and Device ID set to 0 on same screen (provided that you don't have more than one Blofeld on this MIDI setup?).
A few more pages in on the GLobal MIDI setup of Blofeld, set Ctrl Receive to 'on'

-J
It's working brilliantly. Thanks. I really should have thought to check all of the global midi pages before posting. Sorry about.

It's a great template, really works well. Thanks for all the time and effort. In fact when deciding which to buy this template kinda influenced my decision.

Octouser

Post by Octouser » 03 May 2012 20:56

Happy to hear that you like the editor Nedavine! The story behind "channel 6" is a short one: I run my Blofeld on channel 6 in my studio set-up. I started to work on the template and I never changed the channel. The template is a co-work between Jay and myself - BJ. It's still work in progress.

Happy editing! Look out for updates to come ;)

/BJ

Nedavine wrote:
analog604 wrote:The first thing I'd check is the receive channel setup on Blofeld.

-J
It's working brilliantly. Thanks. I really should have thought to check all of the global midi pages before posting. Sorry about.

It's a great template, really works well. Thanks for all the time and effort. In fact when deciding which to buy this template kinda influenced my decision.

helldriver

Post by helldriver » 03 Jan 2013 11:48

Hi, nice template! Great work of yours!!
But i am really keen to add bi directional midi because blofeld patches can be very complex. therefore it would be a nice feature to see the actual correct parameters on the ipad editor.
unfortunately i wasn´t successfull to implent the bi directional midi yet. how can i achieve this?
as far as i know all modules in the lemur are per se bi directional. it shouldn´t be a big problem. or is the preset dump of the blofeld written in sysex. and therefore the lemur needs a sysex script to recognize all parameters? can somebody help me out with that issue (tutorials, etc.) , that would be really nice.
greets helldriver

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 03 Jan 2013 21:35

Hi! Welcome to the forum, btw!

Lemur CC objects can automatically be made bi-directional. Sysex not yet, that's because each manufacturer (and product model) differs in sysex implementation, so it would require scripting.

Blofeld template uses CC's and Sysex (for controls not implemented with CCs).
So Bi-directional MIDI won't work for all controls of the Blofeld template yet.
It's because the sysex size of a Blofeld preset is greater than 256 bytes, which is greater than the Lemur can accept/decode as of version 4.

When this limitation is lifted we'll be able to fully decode patches for display and modification. :)

For a quick heads up on bidirectional control, checkout page 68 of Lemur User Guide version 3.1.0..

-J
helldriver wrote:Hi, nice template! Great work of yours!!
But i am really keen to add bi directional midi because blofeld patches can be very complex. therefore it would be a nice feature to see the actual correct parameters on the ipad editor.
unfortunately i wasn´t successfull to implent the bi directional midi yet. how can i achieve this?
as far as i know all modules in the lemur are per se bi directional. it shouldn´t be a big problem. or is the preset dump of the blofeld written in sysex. and therefore the lemur needs a sysex script to recognize all parameters? can somebody help me out with that issue (tutorials, etc.) , that would be really nice.
greets helldriver

helldriver

Post by helldriver » 04 Jan 2013 13:07

ok I see. true bi-directional behaviour isn´t possible at the moment - at least with Waldorf Blofeld. So we have to wait for Lemur 5 which hopefully integrates full sysex possibilities.
It would be so nice, if lemur is capable of showing preset dumps in its templates. Is there a template around, that can show a preset dump of a hardware synthesizer?
such a feature is very important in my opinion. especially for complex hardware. then lemur is going to be the ultimate studio tool!
greets helldriver