Blofeld template developer [new 1.55 release for 2015]

Post your Lemur Projects.
analog604
Regular
Re: Waldorf Blofeld? anybody working on template?

Post by analog604 » 07 Mar 2012 19:47

Sounds good, I've renamed the thread.

Thanks for posting the template back up and the updates! :) very cool!

I began planning the Arp section today and worked on a possible layout for it. It's a complex area of the patch because many parameters (Arp Pattern Step/Glide/Accent and Arp Timing/length) are bitmapped to one byte in each of the 16 steps.
I know how to get this done because I'm very familiar with bit level template programming for Lemur.

After this, I'll make the patch effects section if no one else picks it up.

First things first though..

We can post changes to the template in this thread, agree upon the changes and BJ can do the honors for uploading to the user library.

cheers!
J
Ocotuser wrote:Hello all. I was thinking of how nice and progressive it is with people sharing ideas and constructive critcism. Maybe this thread could be a "Blofeld-template-developer"-thread? What do you say analog604?

I'm almost done with the envelopes. I will continue with the lfo's and some oscillator stuff like ring modulator, noise etc.

Is there a way to co-operate i.e. upload sketches, ideas instead of uploading non-ready templates to the user library?

I'm looking forward to your contribution analog604 :)

Back to work!

Cheers
BJ
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

analog604
Regular

Re: Blofeld template developer

Post by analog604 » 07 Mar 2012 20:04

quick screen shot of the work in progress for arp section layout
[edit: developed screenshots later in thread]
Last edited by analog604 on 11 Mar 2012 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 09 Mar 2012 02:09

hi guys

Good job Bj, you've been making fast progress on the sections!

I haven't had too much time to focus on this with work stuff going on this week
but yesterday I worked a little more on layout, and got some of the bits merging and decoded from the Lemur edit buffer,
added description for current state in Arp step.
Today adapted my Mopho sysex sound parameter change function for Blofeld, tied in the knobs to that.. (but haven't plugged in iPad to Blofeld to test).
and now I'm too tired to look at the computer.. so will work on it this weekend to hopefully merge with BJ's template.

[edit: developed screenshots later..]
Last edited by analog604 on 11 Mar 2012 17:01, edited 1 time in total.

Octouser

Post by Octouser » 09 Mar 2012 14:34

EDIT: Hello. An update of the template is uploaded. It includes the Modifiers. The problem with the "Lemur Connection" is solved. I downloaded the latest editor "Lemur 3.0.4".

I've fixed broken sysex in the "Osc Common"-section and also started to re-construct the two filters. Some parameters are still missing in the filters and I want to have them complete.

/BJ

Hi. An updated template with the LFO's is now uploaded. I've been very busy with the template. I made some changes to the Osc Common (thanks analog604!)and added Ring and Noise.

I actually have a template ready with all modifiers as well. Unfortunatly I've run into a problem with the editors "Lemur connection" when dealing with five interfaces and a bunch of tabs. I'm awaiting answer from the Liine support on this matter. If anyone are interested in this "beta" template let me know and I will upload it here (if that's possible?). I don't want to upload it in the library until the problem is solved.

Cheers and have a nice weekend!
BJ
Last edited by Octouser on 10 Mar 2012 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

Octouser

Post by Octouser » 09 Mar 2012 15:05

Thanks J.
The ARP looks great! Looking forward to try it!

I had a day off from work and have spend all day in my little studio. This Blo-project is very inspiring :)

Have a nice weekend
BJ

analog604 wrote:hi guys

Good job Bj, you've been making fast progress on the sections!

I haven't had too much time to focus on this with work stuff going on this week
but yesterday I worked a little more on layout, and got some of the bits merging and decoded from the Lemur edit buffer,
added description for current state in Arp step.
Today adapted my Mopho sysex sound parameter change function for Blofeld, tied in the knobs to that.. (but haven't plugged in iPad to Blofeld to test).
and now I'm too tired to look at the computer.. so will work on it this weekend to hopefully merge with BJ's template.

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 10 Mar 2012 20:21

Hi guys!

Hey BJ, thanks for the encouragement.

I've got version 1 of the arpeggio section complete! 8 hours of additional work and here it is.

[edit: updated to v1b found bug in inc+dec button under two dials. sorry.. corrected!]

I put it into BJ's Blofeld Template version 1.51. It is a complete interface page, I named the interface "Z_ .. " so it would show up as the last page but put it where you like.

This is very fun to set into action while changing patches on Blofeld with BJ's Lemur template! :D We're creating a great sound development tool here!

BJ if this is good you can release it as a new version...

[edit: BJ posted this into the revised template in user library.]
-J
Last edited by analog604 on 11 Mar 2012 17:02, edited 3 times in total.

Octouser

Post by Octouser » 11 Mar 2012 14:09

Hello all.
J, thanks for the ARP. Great job!! I like the design/layout. Very nice and cool with your script for text/values changes and with the + and - function. I spent some hours for testing and browsing your code. I've learned a lot today. :-)

I have also, as of today, re-constructed the filters and fixed some minor cosmetic stuff.

Thanks!

BJ

analog604 wrote:Hi guys!

Hey BJ, thanks for the encouragement.

I've got version 1 of the arpeggio section complete! 8 hours of additional work and here it is.

[edit: updated to v1b found bug in inc+dec button under two dials. sorry.. corrected!]

I put it into BJ's Blofeld Template version 1.51. It is a complete interface page, I named the interface "Z_ .. " so it would show up as the last page but put it where you like.

This is very fun to set into action while changing patches on Blofeld with BJ's Lemur template! :D We're creating a great sound development tool here!

BJ if this is good you can release it as a new version...

-J

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 11 Mar 2012 17:05

Thanks very much for kind words and testing! :)
So what do we have left to program?
The FX section? I can set up a screen with the text/value changes later this week..
cheers~
J
Ocotuser wrote:Hello all.
J, thanks for the ARP. Great job!! I like the design/layout. Very nice and cool with your script for text/values changes and with the + and - function. I spent some hours for testing and browsing your code. I've learned a lot today. :-)

I have also, as of today, re-constructed the filters and fixed some minor cosmetic stuff.

Thanks!

BJ

Octouser

Post by Octouser » 12 Mar 2012 21:15

Hi, yes the FX section would be nice! :) Maybe that section should have an own tab? Or perhaps a tab in the envelope or LFO section? On Blofeld FX comes after the Modifiers (and the 2 Amplifier pages). It's already 6 tabs with modulators/modifiers but it should be fine to squeez in one more I think. Otherwise an own FX page could be nice.

Cheers
BJ

analog604 wrote:Thanks very much for kind words and testing! :)
So what do we have left to program?
The FX section? I can set up a screen with the text/value changes later this week..
cheers~
J
Ocotuser wrote:Hello all.

Thanks!

BJ

Octouser

Post by Octouser » 12 Mar 2012 21:21

Hello all. Yet another update is uploaded. I found some irritating bug on "FM Source" in all Oscillator sections. It's now fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers
BJ

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/218/