Ambivalent Beats

Post your Lemur Projects.
wurlt01
Regular
Re: Ambivalent Beats

Post by wurlt01 » 05 Mar 2012 16:13

what script would we write to add offset control to the template so i could control offset from lemur.

kraftf
Regular

Post by kraftf » 06 Mar 2012 21:04

Yeah would be nice to control the offset too. Unfortunately can't program M4L.
Another cool feature would be to have mutes available for the notes playing as well as velocity.
@Mazzica or @Mat. Maybe this would be easy for you guys to implement.

For now here is my version refined with a clear button that clears only the selected note and a presets window.
I hope some experienced folks refine the M4L patch.
Ambivalent could become a great sequencer along with Sequencomat.
Attachments
Ambivalent Beats.zip
(2.49KiB)Downloaded 199 times

transparent

Post by transparent » 06 Mar 2012 21:17

hei thanks for that great templte.

love it.

but mute solo and velocity would make it completly awesome :D

hmm other question. is it somehow possible to integrate that in mu or is that an more complicated step and the easiest way to switch between the templates is with the mouse in ableton?

thanks for all :)

Bas Smeekens

Post by Bas Smeekens » 10 Mar 2012 14:17

Hi, I made an edit of the Ambivalent Beats template. I use it side by side with my traktor setup instead of Ableton controlled by TouchAble. It's multicolor for easy navigation.

Main screen:

Green section:

Blue section:

It comes with an Ableton preset.
Attachments
AmbivalendBeatsBSedit.zip
Lemur + Ableton template.
(154.48KiB)Downloaded 231 times

kraftf
Regular

Post by kraftf » 11 Mar 2012 22:52

Refined my mod a bit.
I corrected the presets for each sound. Now only 16 presets per sound.
I also added the ability to load/store all parts. It was not easy because the script I implemented wouldn't work. I had to put a delay inside the code to make it work.
If you press the Load All button and then press a load preset button you will see the soundselector scrolling and loading the corresponding preset for each sound. The same happens when the store all button is pressed for storing the existing values.
You can mix n match patterns on the fly. You can half load patterns. I think its very useful.
When scrolling the sound selector the store buttons will light accordingly with regard to what presets have already been stored. This part really troubled me during coding. If you have a look inside the script of the store buttons you will see that I avoided using a for loop because it simply didn't work and I really have no idea why it doesn't work.
Anyway enjoy!
@max programmers:
somenone please give us the offset parameter in the max patch!!Come on it should be fairly easy to that.
And velocity please!!!!!
Attachments
Ambivalent Beats-Mod.zip
(4.35KiB)Downloaded 210 times

michika

Post by michika » 13 Mar 2012 13:28

Hi
Make sure you have network connection - no firewall blocking port 8000
In M4L Lemur setup hit rescan or enter your iPads address and leave it at 8000
In Lemur set OSC your computer ip and port 8000.
Otherwise settings as I mentioned, hit play in Live, select Drum number on left, program beats from Pads . . .
Sorry - No problems on a Mac
Cheers
MM
Hello Macciza, thx for that very good explanation.
I did it this way all the time but it doesn't work on my machine :cry:
then I deleted the mfl file and template redownloaded, installed and (don't ask me why) it works as it should :lol:

Have been to sydney 30 years ago, lived there together with two menfighting lesbian punks...what a nice time it was 8-)

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 14 Mar 2012 02:14

Hi
@ michika No worries - hmm, with flatmates like that it sounds like you were in the inner city or inner west . . .

@ Kraft - Here is a Amb_Beats v1.0.1 ^^ version with /Velocity/x , NoteLength/x and /Offset exposed as OSC . . .
Should work - have not tested it though. Velocity and NoteLength are basically Global so you will need to sequence them if needed . . .
Mute/Solo are probably better handled on the Lemur side of things

Hope that helps

Cheers
MM
Attachments
Ambivalent Beats v1.0.1^^.amxd.zip
Ambivalent Beats v1.0.1^^ with /Velocity/x , /NoteLength/x and /Offset/x exposed via OSC
(106.97KiB)Downloaded 217 times
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 14 Mar 2012 04:18

yes that should work. I edited the max patch to and added /offset/x then add a box like used for swing in between offset/x on top and patched in at bottom instead of using *100 like in swing used
*11 and added fader to lemur template. will check out what you made. will post what i made too.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 14 Mar 2012 05:51

Hi Wurlt

I used /Offset/x because all the other addresses were capitalised. . .
Whilst there is some sense to using normalised values (0-1) for percentages I really think implicit values are better for things like this offset.
That way you send 6 when you mean 6 and not some weird value - even though here it is kinda ok because of the 11 divisions between 0 and 10
But your way you send .6 and in Max you would end up with 6.6 -(.6 * 11) -
And that 'box' in Max is simply a 'multiply' object . . .

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 14 Mar 2012 15:13

Here you go we wanted it here it is. Ive added offset note velocity and note length. I want to take note length and make even better. THis is set to a max of 150ms I need to learn how to make it longer.
these should work ive tested. now back to working on music and must spend some time learning about max. thanks to macciza to helping me relsize what to do i tweaked what you did allitle.
thanks /all not ive got ambivalent working the way i need.
Attachments
Ambioffsetnotevel.zip
(11.73KiB)Downloaded 218 times