StudioONE template

Post your Lemur Projects.
christofferm
StudioONE template

Post by christofferm » 26 Feb 2012 16:04

Hi All,
Just wanted to share my latest project with the community.

It's a "DAW Controller" template called CMtec StudioONE v1.0 for use with Presonus StudioOne v2 DAW.

Download from the user library: http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/204/

It uses the Mackie control protocol (MIDI 0 and 1) and a generic MIDI keyboard (MIDI 2) as interfaces.

This is my first attempt at the Lemur "sdk" so be nice ;)

ToDo:

* tidy up the code and improve the non existing commenting.
* add functionality by the use of mouse/keyboard commands.
* get some more hours actually using it in music production.

edit: updated to v1.1

* Corrected typo on "window control" page.
* Swapped place for "Browse files" and "Browse Pool"

cheers
Christoffer
Last edited by christofferm on 27 Feb 2012 19:57, edited 1 time in total.

analog604
Regular

Re: StudioONE template

Post by analog604 » 27 Feb 2012 13:53

HI Christoffer!
Good work on your first template! I haven't tried MCU stuff with StudioONE yet, but your template has a useful 16 channel layout that is inviting.
Given you accomplishment with this first template, I look forward to see the designs that you build later.
:)

-J
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

lABl
Lemur Guru

Post by lABl » 27 Feb 2012 15:34

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for sharing, I guess it should to work in other DAW's compatible with Mackie Control protocol right? I will check this out. Looks great, thank you again.
AB

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 27 Feb 2012 17:24

Hi
Very nice design and some excellent code . . .

One comment/question though, I am wondering why you used returning functions for the various color defaults rather than declaring variables (expressions)?
Just wondering, that's all. Thanks for a great contribution to the community . . .

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

christofferm

Post by christofferm » 27 Feb 2012 18:37

Thanks all,

lAntonioBlancal: Yes all main functions should work in Mackie control supported DAW:s but depending on protocol implementation different "buttons" are used for different functions.
Have a look at this chart (StudioONE not included): http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.ph ... l_mappings

Macciza: Regarding the "getColor..." functions, this was to have some kind of flexibility for the coloring (changing color depending on "mode" etc...) but at the moment this functions are a bit "over kill" for it's use I guess 8-)

edit: lAntonioBlancal, one more thing. I did a "trick" using channel 3 (not 1) for x at most of the buttons to get rid of button highlighting. This however might not work for all DAW:s as I know that for example Logic only listen to channel 1 for incoming notes (and will therefor not recognize your inputs). Now I know that this probably could be fixed with the use of an output expression (=x) instead of using channel 3 for x.

cheers
Christoffer

christofferm

Post by christofferm » 27 Feb 2012 19:58

Small update (to v1.1)

cheers
Christoffer

lABl
Lemur Guru

Post by lABl » 28 Feb 2012 09:02

Hey,

THanks for the info! I will check this out.
Cheers,

maestro2be

Post by maestro2be » 10 Apr 2012 00:08

Hi,

Thanks for making this template. I think it's very good and I am currently using it for my controller for Studio One V2. There are a few things I would like to ask that I don't understand. I bought the application specifically to use this template :).

1. Do you have setup instructions within Studio One to make this completely work? I can get the faders to work, but the keyboard doesn't work. I have setup two Mackie Universal (one sends and receives for port 0, a second one does port 1). What do I choose for the midi keyboard that your info says is port 2?

2. Any chance of getting the other automations in there? Touch and Latch are missing, and I usually use Touch more than anything. Or possibly you can help me change the write, to Touch permanently if that is easiest please?

3. I would like to do my midi automation within this template as well which means having some faders for things like Modwheel (CC1), Expression (CC11), Attack (CC22) along with many others. I would really enjoy very much to see one additional tab with say 8-16 faders specifically assignable to midi control parameters.

Is there any chance you might be able to help me out with this if you have time in your schedule please? Thanks again, really enjoy the template!
Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise, i7 930, 12GB RAM Corsair Extreme, GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB, RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface 2, Axiom 25, Presonus Studio One V2, VE Pro 5, Lavry DAC's, iPad 2 running V-Control, AC-7 Core and Lemur 3.1 using Loopmidi.

madbuda

Post by madbuda » 26 Apr 2012 13:29

Great work on this, I do have a question.. I can't seem to get the "Generic Keyboard" to function. Everything works great, but I would love to be able to use this to control pads and keyboard instruments.

Could you elaborate a bit on the MIDI 2 Generic midi keyboard config a bit more?

NVM, I figured it out, just took some playing around with the octave slider.

walt

Post by walt » 20 Aug 2012 14:19

Hi there , i tested StudioOne template but have problems with mackie controller right
First group of 8 channels is duplicated to second group so instead having 09 to 16 i have channels 01 to 08 again , so seems mackie controller left is duplicated on the right
Where am i wrong ?
Lemur connections :
MIDI 0 midi yoke 1 mackie controller left
MIDI 1 midi yoke 2 mackie controller right

Thanks a lot