Mu Amp Device

Post your Lemur Projects.
Josh Doane
Re: Mu Amp Device

Post by Josh Doane » 20 Apr 2012 15:59

Yeah, the Looper thing was a little weird, especially considering that it is designed to be so easy to Midi map in the conventional sense, rather than through the API. I thought about putting a placeholder Button for the Multi-Purpose button that has text saying something like "Midi Map Me!" so then the end user could simply choose a Midi Message for it and map it into their existing Midi setup.

Also, I think a Mu group would be a great idea! I know they had a Mu section over at the Jazz Mutant forum, maybe they can start one over here if enough interest is shown...

And I definitely would like to get all the native Ableton stuff Mu-ed up. All the Midi Effects seem okay. We just took care of Amp/Cabinet. I made a basic one for Reverb, since it was just a Textbox place holder, lol. It maybe could use some editing, but it is functional. I think the other Audio Effects that could use improvement are Resonator, Multi-Band Dynamics, and Vocoder. So the Audio Effects are nearing completion, which leaves the Instrument category with the most holes to fill. I think Analog and Operator are the only ones that come with Mu (and they are REALLY good, too!). And, of course, there is always the Max4Live stuff, as well. And I have some nice interfaces I've collected for VST's like Sylenth, Cicle, FM8, etc. that I'd like to eventually integrate into Mu, as well.

protocol

Post by protocol » 20 Apr 2012 17:46

The best part about the Analog one Sebastein Harvey did, was he was able to utilize beyond the 4mb limits by creating and destroying jzlibs. Its a really creative way of expanding past the limits within normal lemur programming. He did do a fantastic job with operator and analog i agree josh. Wonder where he has been off to, he was a HUGE contributor (in fact the only long-lasting contributor) for a long while...
I think both of you are onto something here creating a Mu group, I am game.

Either of you (or anyone) know of a good & cheap program to make instructional videos with? I need to do both video capture of the computer screen and Lemur. My 2 devices that are just about ready will need more explanation than just plug and play, so i was thinking a video would be great and the best least confusing way to explain stuff. Any thoughts?

Josh Doane

Post by Josh Doane » 20 Apr 2012 23:18

Yeah, I really like the templates that Sebastien Harvey contributed in the past, and do wish he was still contributing now, for sure. I was kind of wondering the same thing myself regarding his current whereabouts, lol.

As for the 4 mb limit from Legacy Lemur, is that still applicable on the iPad version at all?

As for the presentation software, I wouldn't really know. I have Snapz Pro for screen capture stuff, but I know there are some other apps out there that are more like what you're looking for because I've seen them on various video tutorials where they list the program they use in the YouTube comments, or whatever. I'll try to look through a few and if I see any that seem noteworthy I'll give you a shout.