*** The Official Lemur Mu Features Wishlist Thread***

Post your Lemur Projects.
8bitslave
*** The Official Lemur Mu Features Wishlist Thread***

Post by 8bitslave » 17 Feb 2012 21:41

Decided to make a thread for features wishlist for the Mu template. I'll start off, please chime in! :D

Colored Device Browser: In the select devices window (for effects), would be great if the devices in channels were color coded to match the color of the channel. Right now, its just a bunch of small grey rectangles and gets confusing when trying to do something quickly, adding color would solve this. Also, having something show which device is currently selected would help, like a pulsating/glowing effect or something.

Currently playing clips pulsate or glow: As of now, selected clips grey out, and clips in que flash... this is works fine, except when half your session view is filled with grey clips and you don't know which are playing and which are just grey in color. Having playing clips pulsate or glow or have some kind of effect to show which clips are playing would be helpful.

Devices match channel color: When you have 2 devices open at the same time, it can get confusing as to which device controls which channel, sincle both have just a grey outline. Having the devices color coded to match the channel, perhaps with device label moving to the left hand side of the device instead of being squeezed in the top right corner.. and making it match the channel in color.

Larger Colored Channel Labels: Simply that, make them larger, match color to live, and its easier to read... this can also apply to clips.

8bitslave

Re: *** The Official Lemur Mu Features Wishlist Thread***

Post by 8bitslave » 22 Feb 2012 05:48

Meter showing elapsed time left: Here's a pic for reference... right under each channel, so you know how much of that loop/clip is left. TouchOSC has it, I'm sure it can be added to Mu. :D

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 22 Feb 2012 07:59

Hi
Any link to the template so I could have a look?
Does not look like the LiveControl one . . .
Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

thopa

Post by thopa » 22 Feb 2012 09:01

+1

8bitslave

Post by 8bitslave » 24 Feb 2012 03:10

Macciza wrote:Hi
Any link to the template so I could have a look?
Does not look like the LiveControl one . . .
Cheers
MM
The photo is of my Ableton setup, I just have a custom dark theme installed instead of default grey. What I'm speaking about however is in the LiveControl TouchOSC template... the little sliders that tell you how far along a song is until it ends. This in addition with a timer would be fantastic. See photo below:

jenz

Post by jenz » 08 Mar 2012 08:44

...and a way to change the record quantize like in touchable...

jenz

Post by jenz » 21 Mar 2012 18:20

+2348976235986235987235 !!!!

AcousmatiK

Post by AcousmatiK » 28 Mar 2012 13:11

+1 for all that...

And it would be great to have direct access to all 3rd VST/AU plugins with names like in TouchAble...
And the possibility to edit midi clips like in Griid Pro...

Cheers,

Don.t let Mu died

8bitslave

Post by 8bitslave » 16 Apr 2012 06:13

Even better would be the ability to see how far along a clip is playing similar to what Griid & TouchAble have. I would want to know how much time (via a count down) is left too though, so some way of implementing that would be great.

Also, would be great if this feature could be added (see video at 1:45), where clips that have been already played are greyed/blacked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1L-74MaL38

TaoEntropy

Post by TaoEntropy » 23 Apr 2012 21:04

Focus view in Ableton changes to device that you are using on lemur.