Template for DSI Mopho Synths (v2.5) for Lemur v5 released

Post your Lemur Projects.
brianc
Regular
Re: Template for DSI Mopho Synth v1.3

Post by brianc » 05 Dec 2012 01:32

Ha, I hated my Mopho! But with a good interface like this, I think that could have been completely different.

Let me know if you end up using the vectors/arrays/whatever and/or if you need a tester for that arpeggiator. Sounds awesome!

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 05 Dec 2012 03:09

heh ok fair enough!

I'll send over the info on the arp when it is less of an abandoned wreck.
brianc wrote:Ha, I hated my Mopho! But with a good interface like this, I think that could have been completely different.

Let me know if you end up using the vectors/arrays/whatever and/or if you need a tester for that arpeggiator. Sounds awesome!
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

slamgauge

Post by slamgauge » 21 Dec 2012 11:31

I'm a bit late to the party but I just loaded and tried out v1.3 and I really dig it. Quite impressive that you managed to make such a slick setup, I just can't wrap my head around scripting with NRPN. I can't wait to try out the new sequencer section in v2. Thanks for the great template.

analog604
Regular

Re: Template for DSI Mopho Synth v2.0

Post by analog604 » 30 Dec 2012 22:10

I wanted to get this out before the end of the year..

so here it is.. 10 months since the last update.. version 2.0 ! :D
http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/189/

Updates in version 2.0
1) Control zoom feature for more detailed sound design and/or performance.
2) Additional in-Mopho sequencer controls including 'quick build' buttons to fill sequences instantly with squares, triangle, envelope, random and more.
3) Updated miniKeys and NoteGen module (version 1.3).
4) Support for Mopho X4 features including extra banks, feedback and unisolo controls.
5) Interface and layout updates.
6) Synthesizer auto-detect and adaptive interface. 8-)
7) Rewritten and optimized code with bug fixes. :geek:

Checkout the detailed screenshot index here
http://d-spacestudios.com/lemurDev/mophoDashboardLite

feature removed:
Multiball automated parameter assignment. I have a much more full features parameter assignment interface working, but it causes instability in the current Lemur version due an App bug. So I'm waiting for this to be resolved before releasing.

This template was saved in Lemur Editor 4.01, so best results may be to use it with Lemur 4.. but check it out and see how it goes.
Please report any weirdness here in this thread.

Enjoy and Happy New Year! :D
Jay

See releaseNotes.txt in archive for more information.
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

brianc
Regular

Re: Template for DSI Mopho Synth v2.0 out now!

Post by brianc » 31 Dec 2012 03:41

AMAZING! I'm really impressed with all the little touches in this thing. Really well thought out!

vojd

Post by vojd » 02 Feb 2013 00:21

Really inspirational template , it really opens up mopho and its capabilities :) I have a basic question though , in the release notes there is :" as of Lemur version 4.01 we still cannot receive enough patch information from Mopho to
update all Dashboard controls to show current and existing Mopho programs exactly " .. does that mean that right now any parameter will change if you change the patch on mopho? Because nothing is changing here , I was just wandering if I am getting something wrong here..otherwise it works great bi-directionally.
But it will truly shine when you can receive the current mopho state..can't wait for that :)

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 02 Feb 2013 22:15

Hi vojd, Welcome to the forum and thanks for the feedback! :) I'm also looking forward to fully implement the Mopho (and other synth) patch decoding. This is why I labeled the template a 'Lite' version.

If you change the patch on the Mopho, the template won't show the settings of that patch. It's because we're not able to decode a MIDI message greater than 256 bytes in size.. a Mopho preset buffer is just a little too big for the Mopho to decode fully. Once we have this capability in Lemur then I'll release a new version. :)
-J

Sans Nom

Post by Sans Nom » 09 Feb 2013 09:17

This looks amazing...

Does it work with the Tetra ?

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 09 Feb 2013 13:33

HI!

It might work on the first voice of the Tetra. There is a Lemur-based Tetra editor that works for all voices here:
http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/174/
Sans Nom wrote:This looks amazing...

Does it work with the Tetra ?

Sans Nom

Post by Sans Nom » 11 Feb 2013 15:18

Thanks,

I've tested your template and it works as you said. The problem I guess with the Tetra template is that the author doesn't own a Tetra anymore, and if preset read is finally supported by Lemur, it probably won't be implemented. Plus your template has some additionnal features. I have no idea of the amount of work involved, do you think that it could be possible to add Tetra support...?

Anyway, do you think that this sysex dump message problem will be solved by Liine? Did they say anything about it?

Thanks again for all your work