Template for DSI Mopho Synths (v2.5) for Lemur v5 released

Post your Lemur Projects.
analog604
Regular
Re: Template for DSI Mopho Synth v2.0 out now!

Post by analog604 » 19 Feb 2013 21:23

Hi!
This template could be adapted to work for all voices of Tetra/Prophet 08, it would be messy without getting full feedback from the synths though.
I did talk about doing a unified DSI control template on the DSI forums, it's something I might take on after the sysex problem is resolved. Still waiting on a MIDI spec for Tempest too.. :)
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

sculptair

Post by sculptair » 13 Nov 2013 15:23

I'm looking for an interface to control my Mopho desktop, and it looks like I found it! This looks fantastic! Congratulations!

Would the Mopho dashboard function on an iPhone 5 (I don't own an iPad), or would even the zoom feature render the controllers too small?

Has liine ever updated lemur to allow for the parameters current state of a patch to be reflected in your Mopho dashboard?

Given the previous question, did I miss it or are there no controllers for changing Mopho presets or banks ?

Thanks again!
Sculptair
iPad Air iOS7, DSI Mopho, iConnectMIDI2+, Roland PK-6

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 19 Nov 2013 04:41

Hi sculptair!

Thanks for the comments. I think it should work fine on any iOS device, you'll only need to use the scrollbars to get around.
Used iPads are cheap these days. :)
I am not certain if there had been an update to allow greater than 256 bytes for a sysex message, although I did not notice that in the last update notes.
I'll update the template and others when we can do this. ;)

There are controls for changing presets and banks.. on the first interface page and the zoom of it for finer grain control (+/- buttons) than what knobs provide.

Enjoy,
Jay
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

sculptair

Post by sculptair » 22 Dec 2013 23:58

Now that I got this working on an iPad I must say that it is truly awesome! Thank you!

There are a couple of things I don't understand.
1. Touching the AuxEnv view controller has no effect.
2. Touching the VCA view controller changes it's label to ModMat (what's that?) but nothing else changes.
2. Touching Quick Osc view controller has no effect. Touching it a second time changes the VCA label to ModMat. Touching Quick Osc 2 more times changes the ModMat label back to VCA. Nothing else changes.
3. Touching the "close" down arrow on the VCA envelope group (or the Controller Assignments group) toggles the VCA/ModMat view label. Nothing else changes.

Wish List/suggestions
1. If there is not enough room to add the 4th LFO in it's normal group, can the 4th be added with a More down arrow as you did for the sequencers group, and/or can sliders be added to it's zoom view?
2. Can the 4 modulators be added? Is that what ModMat means?
3. Liine adding support for messages larger that 256 bytes.
Sculptair

sculptair

Post by sculptair » 03 Jan 2014 15:43

After becoming a bit more familiar with this incredible template, I have some more suggestions:

1. Move the sequencer values to above each slider so that it is visible while a finger is moving it.
2. Allow the user to select the midi channel that parameter changes are broadcast on. Currently parameter changes are only broadcast midi channel 1.

Again, thanks!
Sculptair

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 26 Feb 2014 18:10

Hi Sculptair,

Great to hear that you are enjoying the template and thanks for the input! :)
1) the sequencer values are displayed to the right and update for the one that you touch.
I had thought about adding the value to above each multislider, but doing so would likely slow the template down too much.
2) Go into Help/Setup, there you should be able to select any midi channel.

I need to look into the other stuff you had mentioned in a previous post, thanks again.
-Jay

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 13 Mar 2014 22:03

The Lemur 5.0 breaks the zoom control function. No big deal! :D I'll rewrite the code and get a update out.

Also, found a couple of problems that Sculpair mentioned, so those corrections will be included too.

Jay

analog604
Regular

Re: Template for DSI Mopho Synths (v2.5) for Lemur v5 releas

Post by analog604 » 15 Mar 2014 18:12

Hello everyone!

I have finished updating the template to run properly on Lemur version 5 only. :D Lots of work to accomplish.

A new entry in the user library has been added:
https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/459/

Version 2.0/2.1 continues to have its own entry in the library for those that are running older Lemur versions

Updates in version 2.5
1) Rewrote to work (only) in Lemur version 5 or greater.
2) Interface Bug fixes

To do for Lite:
1) Add 4th LFO
2) Integrate Lemur v5 clocking for Notegen.
3) Integrate v5 sequencer options in Notegen.

sculptair

Post by sculptair » 18 Apr 2014 02:36

Beautiful! Thank you analog604. Any idea why Liine hasn't lifted the 256 byte limit?
Sculptair

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 18 Apr 2014 03:10

Apparently it's a "philosophical issue"?

https://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2214

At this point I wanted to insert a rolleyes, but the board-supplied ones don't seem appropriate, philosophically speaking. Sure, they're fine from an ontological POV, but c'mon!