Template for DSI Mopho Synths (v2.5) for Lemur v5 released

Post your Lemur Projects.
Grovestand
Re: Template for DSI Mopho Synth v1.3

Post by Grovestand » 17 Oct 2012 19:42

I just wanted to say thank you so much for this awesome template!

It has revitalized my usage of the mopho to be able to tweak patches without the computer (with more than 9 knobs)

I really like how when you touch a control on the lemur the main parameter knob of the Mopho is assigned to it.

I would propose a couple of modifications to your template:

1. A version where each section is a separate tab on the lemur. I don't find myself needing to use multiple sections at once too frequently and it would be nice if the controls were larger.

2. A page with all of the variables as sliders in a grid, color coded according to type. This would make it easy to select a parameter with the lemur and fine tune it with the parameter knob on the Mopho.

It is really a very well executed design. Thank you again.

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 18 Oct 2012 16:35

Good to hear that it is being enjoyed, and thanks for the kind words and feedback Grovestand! :)

I know what you mean about the controls being too small sometimes. I have learned quite a bit since this early template design
and when I go about redesigning the Mopho Dashboard for the newer model (dont own it yet- no room!) then there will most likely
be a zoomable control option. Something like, hold multitouch 'to zoom' command area while touching the function area to open/close the zoom of it.
In version 1.3 I had included an early version of that idea/method with the 'Big' up arrow in the Navigation/Clocking area.. but it brings up the entire keyboard and Note Gen too.
There is a template that I'm working on now based upon the 'Flexi14' controller that integrates a very nice method for 'zooming in'
control modules. I want to release it right now to demonstrate.. but there are still a few bugs... :oops:

About your comment #2.. Thanks for this suggestion as well! :) I have developed several methods to assign parameters across a gang of the same slider/fader objects easily, so now that I hear this might be useful for Mopho fine tuning.. I'll probably add it in as well.

Do you guys use the note generator/keyboard much while working on Mopho patch/sound design?
cheers~
-J
Grovestand wrote:I just wanted to say thank you so much for this awesome template!

It has revitalized my usage of the mopho to be able to tweak patches without the computer (with more than 9 knobs)

I really like how when you touch a control on the lemur the main parameter knob of the Mopho is assigned to it.

1. A version where each section is a separate tab on the lemur. I don't find myself needing to use multiple sections at once too frequently and it would be nice if the controls were larger.

2. A page with all of the variables as sliders in a grid, color coded according to type. This would make it easy to select a parameter with the lemur and fine tune it with the parameter knob on the Mopho.

Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

dswo

Post by dswo » 21 Oct 2012 22:52

I just bought a Tetra and would like to edit patches from my iPad. The tricky part, it seems, is loading the current state of the various parameters into the iPad editor, so that you can edit an existing patch. Can Mopho Dashboard do this? Sorry for the low-level query: I haven't bought Lemur yet and I'm trying to figure out whether it will do what I'm looking for.

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 22 Oct 2012 17:29

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Mopho Dashboard as of version 1.3 will not load the settings of an existing patch from the Mopho or Tetra.
This is because of a limitation of the Lemur app only being able to process 256 bytes of system exclusive data,
and the Mopho/Tetra need to send more than that to describe their patch.

Once Lemur can handle it, I'll add the feature to this and other instrument templates. :)

-J
dswo wrote:I just bought a Tetra and would like to edit patches from my iPad. The tricky part, it seems, is loading the current state of the various parameters into the iPad editor, so that you can edit an existing patch. Can Mopho Dashboard do this? Sorry for the low-level query: I haven't bought Lemur yet and I'm trying to figure out whether it will do what I'm looking for.
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

dswo

Post by dswo » 22 Oct 2012 17:43

Thank you, J -- for your response, and for all of your labor in making these templates.

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 19 Nov 2012 16:47

Heya guys!

I have the control zoom implemented! :D The new feature brings up large faders for whatever synth section you'd like to fine tune, up to 20 per screen.. and then close it to go back to the usual overview controls. This was a good idea Grovestand, thanks for the feedback again.

Lots of other improvements in the works. :geek:

Will post after some more testing!
-J
Grovestand wrote:I just wanted to say thank you so much for this awesome template!

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 30 Nov 2012 14:01

A few screenshots of version 2.0
This is the interface when it detects a Mopho X4 (otherwise the interface style uses yellow and appropriate controls are added or removed like in my 1.x series):

Note the 'Swap' buttons that will swap a copy of a sections controls from one state to another for comparison.

There is a 'Zoom' button on each section which will bring up a set of faders 1/2 to full screen size which allow detail parameter entry.
Here it is in action displaying the VCA controls:

A new menu item on right 'Send All' to send the current state of all controls to Mopho.

And the sequencer editor has the "Instant Builds" buttons to fill the multisliders instantly (like I had used in LModIt):

The underlying code for everything has been rewritten a few times since 1.3 using the tricks I've learned since March.

Still working out a couple of bugs before releasing, but overall it's in good shape!

cheers~
Jay

Grovestand

Post by Grovestand » 04 Dec 2012 17:40

This is awesome. I am very excited to see this implemented.

Thank you for all of your efforts!

Please let me know if you need a beta tester :).

brianc
Regular

Post by brianc » 04 Dec 2012 18:06

Makes me wish I still had my Mopho :)

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 04 Dec 2012 18:30

cheers Brian!
there is the X4 now... i don't have room for one in my limited studio space.

Thanks for the vector (arrrg.. array) sort function and other libraries, I have to figure out what can be accomplished with them!
First thing that comes to mind is arpeggiator code that has been gathering dust since June or so.. dunno if I'll release it until we can get a hold of tighter timing than 16ms (best case).

-J

brianc wrote:Makes me wish I still had my Mopho :)