Cubase selected channel by PS

Post your Lemur Projects.
Phil999
Regular
Re: Cubase selected channel by PS

Post by Phil999 » 24 Feb 2012 13:37

the range objects are in the modulation tab, where also are two aliases of the two EQ bands. Actually I want to have drop-down menus to select various objects, but for now it is fixed to the two EQ frequencies. Being able to instantly define the range of the influence was a very necessary addition. Full range filter sweeps are nice, but in many cases a limited, more subtle sweep is better. Even though most information is there in the manual, it is sometimes a bit hard to use a new object for the first time in your life.

Many thanks Macciza for the suggestions about value display of the TB12412. That is one more thing that was missing, and I can't wait to implement it tonight. I'm very grateful for such good help. This way I (and other beginners) can learn much quicker.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 24 Feb 2012 15:40

it works great, and gives a much better overview over the current frequencies.

What I've learned is not only to use text objects as monitors, but also that you can define variables in two ways: with an expression, and inside a script. I'm sure this can be found in the manual, and for programmers it must be the simplest thing; for me it is completely new.
Attachments
channel12c.zip
In the attached archive is also a new xml for the Generic Remote. Found a little bug.
(30.12KiB)Downloaded 203 times
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 25 Feb 2012 02:02

Hi
No worries. There are a few more tweaks I can think of that I will look into and a few modules that you may be interested in as well as some other projects to look at . Will send something soon. It would be good to tweak the LMF Freq monitor to better display what is going on.

Unfortunately or best optimisation and on going tweaking I think you should embark on a major rewrite to fix up names, it will make things easier to work out, particularly in 6 months time.

I was going to say I preferred the labelling above the knobs in the TG but really it is about the sound and your ears should be the guide most of the time not some number . . .

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 25 Feb 2012 03:01

the value display can be a problem, and this SSL emulation is one of them. The compressor ratio value is probably the worst approximation. Frequency, decibel, and ratio are very important values to see on a device, but as you say, it's the ear that decides in the end. The knob angles are similar, and if I need to know the exact value, I must mouse over the plugin GUI.

I can rename things or even start from new. It would be clever to replace a bunch of buttons with few multipads. And yes, I would like to know a labeling and hierarchical system that will be recognisable and reusable in 6 months.

You're right, I'll put the labels of the TG12412 on top again. Better to see when the finger is on it.

Looking forward for the modules you spoke of. Tonight I have downloaded a couple of interfaces from the user library that I have missed. This keeps me busy.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 25 Feb 2012 03:45

Hi
We can have a look at those things and see what might be possible.
Renaming would really help, but sometimes it's easier to start anew and copy and paste segments and test functionality as you go.
Otherwise it is possible to get quite lost and spend too much time and headaches on issues that would not be there if rewriting.

If you start off with a well thought out namespace it is far better, time spent thinking it out is better than time spent fixing it . .
Then after a night of extreme editing it is good to go back over what you did and see if you can tidy it up whilst it is fresh in your mind.
There are many marvellous examples floating around with some real gems, and some quite deep programming as well, great resource.

We should do some PMs off-forum and work on some stuff before another release, I can beta test
You're doing really well, a bit more C knowledge will certainly help. Get the K&R book or the C Book, for starters.
For Lemur purposes it is quite a subset of C and different syntax in place but there are a lot of basic principals that are the same.
There are then of course many different ways to do the same thing but certain 'recipes' are very common an good to learn.
I am certainly no expert, I have just done a bit, and learnt by hacking, solving problems & remembering solutions, and thinking . . .

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 16 Apr 2012 16:17

that is great, Macciza. I am hesitating to rewrite the entire template to decrease the file size and make it more elegant. Because I fear it will become more difficult to make changes, e.g. changing a button's destination. And also because the current version performs well and with 16GB there's plenty of room. The 32-channel interface (included in a previous attachment) however is way too big, it uses much too much CPU and/or RAM. The iPad2 gets real slow. But as long as I don't have a good (elegant) solution for the meters (http://liine.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... eter#p3926), I can't make it slim. I rarely use this 32-channel interface.

I'm also not sure about my standard channel inserts. I may need controls for 6 insert slots instead of 4, and also make the buttons bigger (also the send buttons). I'll have to rethink the whole design. To squeeze every desired command into one interface is what I want, but it gets narrow.

In the last two months I was able to use this template in live and studio situations, and it has proven to work well. I added my VSTi-interfaces to it, even during a live session, and had all needed controls in one template. The big amount of work I have put into this has definitely paid off. In the attachment is a new version of the Cubase channel template.

Changes:

- tempo control. That's a big one for me, I thought it was only possible with MTC.
- changed the Pool button to Sync Setup.
- changed the REVerence reverb to Waves IR. REVerence crackles when using surround IR's, it's unusable in quadro projects (Cubase 5.5.3, FastTrack Ultra, 512 buffer).
- no distracting bright colours for the physics faders anymore.
Attachments
channel13grey4.zip
(30.79KiB)Downloaded 214 times

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 21 Apr 2012 05:14

rec enable was missing in the Generic Remote xml. Replace with the one in the attachment.
Attachments
channelplus.zip
(6.2KiB)Downloaded 200 times

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 10 Aug 2012 04:49

changes:

- text objects rearranged
- signal scopes hide if there's no activity
- replaced some faders with sliders
- colour changes
- multiball quad panner now changes colour when moved
- bugfix
- new Generic Remote xml

EDIT: forgot the labels of the TG12412 again. I'll do it in the next update. ;)
Attachments
channel15.zip
(31.33KiB)Downloaded 232 times

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 24 Sep 2012 04:58

changes:

- TG12412 labels on top
- SSL channel modulation location moved
- bigger panner
- level fader
- bug fixes, new xml
Attachments
channel20.zip
(34.34KiB)Downloaded 207 times

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 11 Oct 2012 17:35

only a small update. The same Cubase xml can be used.

changes:

- back to one LED per segment in the level tab. I tried two and four LED's per segment because I thought they're not bright enough, but it can be misleading for a mono level meter.
- reset buttons for pan and level. They're not accurate because of the 7-bit MIDI resolution, but for the moment I'll leave it like that. I will use 14-bit resolution later.
- minor rearrangement of elements
Attachments
channel22.zip
(27.1KiB)Downloaded 251 times