Push for lemur

Post your Lemur Projects.
Resist
Re: Push for lemur

Post by Resist » 03 Nov 2013 09:11

Is it possible to add another page to the template with a very basic mixer and maybe a channel strip like livecontrol 2 without destroying the rest of the template ? I find the volume controls etc quite difficult to use . If this is possible I can go ahead and attempt to do it with my zero knowledge .

wul
Regular

Post by wul » 03 Nov 2013 09:59

The key thing you have to remember is that anything you add, even to a new interface/page (that isn't shove related) is that all the objects have to be assigned to a different lemur midi port .and then setup for remote in lives prefs.
All shoves objects are assigned to midi0 so avoid that . It's also a good idea to use the parent method of assigning midi ports ...... A bit of advice I should follow

corneliusw

Post by corneliusw » 04 Nov 2013 11:42

This is fantastic! Well done. As a very happy Push user, I'm super happy to have this as an option when travelling light. It's working perfectly in 9, but can't seem to get it working on the 9.1 beta. Should it be? The melodic sequencer makes it too hard for me to move back to 9.
::::: www.quamusic.com ::::::

bite

Post by bite » 04 Nov 2013 12:05

Should it be?
Yes.I have working the melodic sequencer.The only thing i can,t get it,s to change from scene workflow to clip workflow, but everything works right, including the step sequencer.

Edited: Shove stops working since the new beta b26.I changed to Mavericks on osx so maybe something changed.
Can anyone confirm that with the new beta b26 shove works?.I was using the handshake method.

Re-edited: I restarted the computer and everything works fine again. ;)

ModeMasters

Post by ModeMasters » 14 Nov 2013 04:54

Hi guys,

1st off - WUL -> Mad skillz yo! Loving this template. :)

2nd - Everything works except when in note mode pressing a note does not light up the other same notes and there is no feedback of play position in drum seq mode.

Setup:
Windows 8.0
Ableton Live 9.0.6 w/ ORIGINAL Push script (you don't need replacement script when using ClyphX yeah?)
ClyphX v2.3.6 (have added "PUSH_EMULATION = ON" to user settings.)
iPad 4 w/ iOS 6

MIDI prefs:
Control surface section
Push control surface - ins and outs going to LoopMIDI
ClyphX - only selected, no in's or out's
MIDI Ports section
Track/Remote ON for Push INPUT
Track/Sync ON for Push OUTPUT

What have i missed?

alphabet73

Post by alphabet73 » 14 Nov 2013 09:10

After driving myself crazy trying to make this bloody thing work on a Mac, I finally figured out an important point - and everything fell into place.

Well, not figured out, but reread everything and noticed that wul mentioned early on that IF YOU INSTALL THE CLYPHX FLODER, YOU DO NOT NEED TO CHANGE THE PUSH FOLDER IN ANY WAY.

Meaning: do not touch that folder labelled 'Push' in the resources folder, as other step by step guides suggest to do. Leave it as it is, fresh out of the Ableton factory. Simply add the ClyphX folder (downloaded using the link that's floating round in this discussion), and that's it. Alter the important 'enable Push' line if you need to, although the version I downloaded had this done already.

If you have previously screwed with the original Push folder and replaced it with the 'new', suggested version, put the original one back. When I did this, all worked flawlessly. I was getting that situation that I've seen described before - the pads worked at transmitting note data, but nothing else did. I could play notes, but that's it.

That was my solution, hope it works for others!

Marxon

Post by Marxon » 20 Nov 2013 14:53

Hello Liine community!

I have the strange problem that Shove suddenly stops working after about 10 seconds.
Only midi notes are still sent out.
When i temporary select "none" control surface and then reselect push, it starts working again for just 10 seconds!?
Did anybody experienced the same or knows what the could be the reason?
I am using Live 9.0.2, ClyphX 2.3.6, Shove 1.1 and the orginal Live Push folder.
Thank you very much for your help!

Best regrads
Marxon

ModeMasters

Post by ModeMasters » 21 Nov 2013 05:50

My response was going to be update to 9.0.6, but live 9.1 came out today....

Marxon

Post by Marxon » 23 Nov 2013 04:35

Marxon wrote:Hello Liine community!

I have the strange problem that Shove suddenly stops working after about 10 seconds.
Only midi notes are still sent out.
When i temporary select "none" control surface and then reselect push, it starts working again for just 10 seconds!?
Did anybody experienced the same or knows what the could be the reason?
I am using Live 9.0.2, ClyphX 2.3.6, Shove 1.1 and the orginal Live Push folder.
Thank you very much for your help!

Best regrads
Marxon
Hi again,

Problem solved!
After reinstalling Live, everything was fine :)

Best regards
Marxon

explodingtaco

Post by explodingtaco » 28 Nov 2013 06:43

I've installed this on my iPad and in the Midiscripts. I can get the control to trigger notes and that's it. I'm not seeing the lemur profile responding in anyway. I can't get any of the buttons on the sides to do anything.

I'm running 9.1 on Mac OSX.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? What should my settings be in the Lemur app?