CamelPhat template!

Post your Lemur Projects.
kraftf
Regular
CamelPhat template!

Post by kraftf » 31 Dec 2011 04:35

It's my first attemt with regard to constructing a simple but full template.
Searching through the user templates I realised that there are not many standalone templates for vst's, vsti's, harware synths and samplers. People are dealing more with Ableton Live and maxpatched systems.
I will be focusing next year in producing templates for the synths that I own.
I've already started working templates for Electron Octatrack, Yamaha RS 7000 and Yamaha SY/TG77.

The Camelphat template features all the controls that are available from the plugin and attached there is the midi config file that you have to put in the camelphat data folder in order that the tempate works as intended.
There are also presets available(only 2 but you can copy more of them) in a seperate floating style window.
Any comments are welcome.
Attachments
CamelPhat.zip
(9.69KiB)Downloaded 266 times

dbk
Regular

Re: CamelPhat template!

Post by dbk » 31 Dec 2011 23:32

cool, i'm working on a machinedrum template, maybe we could bring it together with your octatrack template. looking forward to your template.

cheers

lABl
Lemur Guru

Post by lABl » 01 Jan 2012 14:00

I really appreciate this type of templates and projects, No doubt I will check this out, I love camelphat, many thanks for sharing!
Cheers,

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 01 Jan 2012 14:30

hi,
I own the camel audio plugs too! :)

more than a little work here on your template and well done.

programming wise..
I like how you have the sliders toggle that replaces the switches the content of the containers. Also hoe the Dec/Inc switches change the selection menu.
That's good stuff, and I will study it.
Thank you!

-Jay
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

mbncp
Regular

Post by mbncp » 03 Jan 2012 22:08

Thanks a bunch, exactly what I needed :) Just dusted off my emx and it didn't sound better than before, but with a little help of camel phat and now the lemur it's back on stage.

I think there are a few glitches with the sliders, some buttons in the background seems still active, but globally this rocks, well done.

kraftf
Regular

Post by kraftf » 05 Jan 2012 02:03

mbncp wrote:Thanks a bunch, exactly what I needed :) Just dusted off my emx and it didn't sound better than before, but with a little help of camel phat and now the lemur it's back on stage.

I think there are a few glitches with the sliders, some buttons in the background seems still active, but globally this rocks, well done.
Thanks a lot mate for the kind words.
Your appraisal means a lot to me.
What kind of glitches are you suggesting?
I've found a glitch myself with the inc/dec butttons in the filter section. I'll try to fix it.

kraftf
Regular

Post by kraftf » 05 Jan 2012 03:59

Uploading an updated version with some glitches corrected.
The sliders now send only the CC that is being touched and not the whole array at the same time. The inc/dec buttons in the filter section work as expected and the z value in the multiball is not sending any midi CC.

Someone now could complete the set by constructing a camel space template based on my camelphat one.(unfortunately time is not on my side anymore!)
Attachments
CamelPhat-1.zip
(9.42KiB)Downloaded 193 times

Northerner_V1

Post by Northerner_V1 » 06 Jan 2012 22:35

Sorry about this - I'm about to ask a newbie dumb question.

I can't get the template to work on Camelphat. I'm using it as a plugin inside Studio One v2 Professional. I have it set up so that Lemur is talking to the program and plugins with no problem - I know this because if I choose the default keyboard Lemur template it plays notes with no problems, and likewise if I choose the MIDI learn function on other plugins (ie. Massive) this maps with no problems.

When I load the Camelphat template, however, the plugin is not responding to the controls in Lemur. It won't even let me assign MIDI learn to the objects already in the Camelphat template.

I'm sure I am missing a basic step somewhere along the line but I can't see where. Could anyone help?

Thanks.

mbncp
Regular

Post by mbncp » 06 Jan 2012 23:22

Note that all messages are sent to the second port (port 1, first is port 0) which was fine for me, made it easy to include in my main template.
Then I never used studio one but you just need to send the midi to the plug, no need to re-assign anything, just make sure you placed the txt file in the right place.

kraftf
Regular

Post by kraftf » 08 Jan 2012 04:33

Northerner_V1 wrote:Sorry about this - I'm about to ask a newbie dumb question.

I can't get the template to work on Camelphat. I'm using it as a plugin inside Studio One v2 Professional. I have it set up so that Lemur is talking to the program and plugins with no problem - I know this because if I choose the default keyboard Lemur template it plays notes with no problems, and likewise if I choose the MIDI learn function on other plugins (ie. Massive) this maps with no problems.

When I load the Camelphat template, however, the plugin is not responding to the controls in Lemur. It won't even let me assign MIDI learn to the objects already in the Camelphat template.

I'm sure I am missing a basic step somewhere along the line but I can't see where. Could anyone help?

Thanks.
Thanks mbncp for the clarification. My ommision to put some more instructions regarding the output.
Actually I did sent the output on midi port 1 on purpose so as not to be mixed with interfaces that control Ableton, Cubase on what ever other daw you are using.
So on midi port 0 you can assign midi yoke 1 and and on midi port1 you can assign midi yoke 3 as outputs if you are using windows.As input for midi port 0 you can assign midi yoke 2 and fully control ableton with feedback from MIDI 0 and camelphat or whatever other plugin you are using from MIDI 1.