Official Mu Template?

Post your Lemur Projects.
Macciza
Regular
Official Mu Template?

Post by Macciza » 07 Dec 2011 05:13

High
Great app - as good as the real thing except . . . Where's Mu?
Will it be making the transition to an official Liine template?
I was sure I saw it running on an iPad in one of the new promo's or artist interviews . . .
But it's not there and the 'stretched' conversion has some issues . . .

Hoping this gets sorted -will start to suss it out later . . .
Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

marino_liine
Regular

Re: Official Mu Template?

Post by marino_liine » 07 Dec 2011 09:36

Hi Macciza,

Thanks for the post - You can find the iPad version of MU here http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/111/
We have thoroughly tested it before release so it should be working fine. Please let me know if you find anything strange and i'll get on the case.

Cheers,
Marino.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 07 Dec 2011 11:20

Hi Marino
Thanks and apologies for not finding it myself. How I missed it I don't know . . .
Will check it out - I have had issues with clip color updating on my Lemur . . .
I wonder if the extra interfaces are installed or if they need to be copied over?
Will report back with any issues I encounter

Thanks again and congrats on the release
Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

rod_zero

Post by rod_zero » 07 Dec 2011 19:28

Back in the day Mu required Max for live, does this new version still needs Max?

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 07 Dec 2011 22:37

Yes
It does need M4L as that is pretty much the same beast.
M4L to run it - Max (full product) is only needed if you want to make new devices etc

Cheers
MM

qmulus

Post by qmulus » 08 Dec 2011 12:31

Marvelous app!

Is there way to fit MU to the entire Ipad screen? I just got it up and running, but I can't get to
all of the features due to the window being too small.

???

Cheers!

-WJ

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Post by nick_liine » 08 Dec 2011 15:22

qmulus wrote:Marvelous app!

Is there way to fit MU to the entire Ipad screen? I just got it up and running, but I can't get to
all of the features due to the window being too small.

???

Cheers!

-WJ
Make sure you are using Mu 1.2 from the Liine website:
http://liine.net/en/community/featured/mu/

This version is optimized for iPad. Delete any previous versions of Mu as they were created for the Legacy Lemur.

mundakas

Post by mundakas » 08 Dec 2011 18:09

I am actually quite lost right now... just downloaded the MU 1.2 from Liine but I have no clue about how I load the project into the ipad :?

anyone?

willsanquil

Post by willsanquil » 08 Dec 2011 19:48

OK Mundakas, I've been able to get MU up and running on my ipad pretty easily - here's what I do.

In your Mu 1.2 folder you have a Mu.amxd file - this is your max4live patch that will handle loading your JZML files onto your iPad directly from inside Ableton.

Drag and drop the Mu.amxd file into your Max4Live Audio Effects folder. Now add that effect onto an Audio Track (I use the Master). You will see a "load JZML file here" button.

Go Back into your Mu 1.2 Folder, Mu 1.2\Mu 1.2\Resources\Jzmls - there you will find your different Mu JZML templates. Drop any of them onto the Load JZML File Here button and that version of Mu should load itself onto your ipad

All of these instructions assume that you read the user manual on how to set up the Lemur Daemon and stuff beforehand.

Hope this helps.

vpmitchell

Post by vpmitchell » 15 Dec 2011 03:17

Problem for me is that when i download the MU template, its just a file with no extension, there is no folder!
How do i load this file? and Where?
Im on PC.

Cheers

vp

EDIT: ok found the problem: for anyone having this problem just add the extension .zip to the MU file...