Mixer 1.1.0 [for Ableton Live]

Post your Lemur Projects.
matias_thinKing
Mixer 1.1.0 [for Ableton Live]

Post by matias_thinKing » 18 Jul 2013 18:46

Hi All,

Mixer has received its first major update. :)

The color palette has been changed. Less colors are in use, and aside from things that are lit up, everything is a little darker. This will hopefully make things easier to see at a glance.

Fader dBs have been added for each fader's set level.

The buttons which functioned to show or hide the routing section for each channel have been moved to the bottom of the screen, and their functionality has changed. Now only 1 of the 8 buttons affect hiding or showing ALL channel's routings, the second button in use affects selecting the track in use within Live, and the third button currently in use shows or hides the master strip. Details are in the quick help graphic.

Return tracks are now also controllable via Mixer. Be advised, you must enable the sends as you would normally for a return track (right click >> enable send).

One last thing. You may notice that you've set your IP addresses and ports correctly in the Max device as well as Lemur, and yet Mixer doesn't connect. Simply delete the Max device, and load it again. Mixer should connect without an issue on the second try. I'm not sure why this behavior is occurring, and it is being researched.

a quick help graphic, as well as download link, here: http://matiaspecile.wordpress.com/2013/ ... xer-1-1-0/

wurlt01
Regular

Re: Mixer 1.1.0 [for Ableton Live]

Post by wurlt01 » 19 Jul 2013 12:34

Hey Great work. Ive followed your instuctions but have had no luck getting to work have retried numerous time and no luck. Ive been putting in my lemurs address not osc target o. Anybody else having trouble with osc route ive gotten new exteranls for 64 bit max. using live 9 64 bit on windows.

matias_thinKing

Post by matias_thinKing » 19 Jul 2013 14:09

hey man, thanks for grabbing it. You actually don't need to download any externals as osc-route and all necessary abstractions have been frozen into the Max device. The main thing to watch out for on a Windows machine is the firewall. You need to ensure you've opened the port you're choosing for communication between the iPad and PC. If you've installed the Lemur Editor, then you should have already gotten a little pop up from Windows about needing to open some ports, and you can use the same ports. I believe this is a range of 8000-8003, so try 8000.

also, I'm not sure I read your statement correctly, but just to clarify: on Lemur's OSC target 0 you should be entering your PC's IP address and port number, then on the Max device you should be entering your iPad's IP address and port number.

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 20 Jul 2013 11:32

Yeah still no luck setting up tried both my ipads on static ip and not static ip. If i open the patch to edit max give me a no osc-route error.

thanks/anthony

matias_thinKing

Post by matias_thinKing » 20 Jul 2013 17:36

That is expected behavior as unfreezing the device would deconstruct the externals from it. With that said, if you have added the CNMAT externals to Max, then it is a little odd.

I did a little research, and it appears OSC-route didn't support 64 bit software in January of this year. I grabbed the externals in May, so I would think the version used in Mixer would be compatible. Still, there's a brand new version of the externals as of Thursday; let us do some testing and see if we can get your issue resolved.

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 20 Jul 2013 20:02

yeah it has do do with the version of exteranls you used just tried with 32 bit live 9 patch works like a charm. Problem for me is i need 64 bit cause i use lot of soft synths.

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 20 Jul 2013 20:23

Also great work i hope we can get to work for live 9 64 bit. This is truelly great. I have alot of midi controllers and being able to pick which inputs without begin near computer will be awsome.or rerouting without going to computer.

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 21 Jul 2013 15:30

i think i found our answer think osc-route still not updated to 64 bit. tried opening osc route by maxing new patch in max 64 i got an error no such object.Did same thing in max 32 no problem object was found. i also wrote to cycling 74 waiting for an answer. They need to fix osc-route if that is case.Osc is an awsome protocl. you might be able to build you patch without osc route too.

matias_thinKing

Post by matias_thinKing » 22 Jul 2013 00:50

:idea: I believe you're correct. Live and M4L x64 don't recognize osc-route or o.route ... I was hoping it would have been as simple as refreezing the device in the x64 environment, but maybe I'll have to OSC-route without OSC-route like you mentioned. fwiw, osc-route is an external provided by cnmat, so cycling 74 won't be able to expedite the 64bit compatibility. I've asked cnmat when they expect the external will be updated, so we'll see what they say and go from there

thanks for the interest in Mixer. I appreciate the support :)

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 22 Jul 2013 02:49

Hi,
Nice work, looks good . .
I think you just need to do a bit of updating, latest versions are both 32 and 64 bit , on Mac at least . . .
Get latest version of CNMAT externals and it should be fine , it is for me . . .
Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]