BUGGY + Poor Forum

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
esegabbo
BUGGY + Poor Forum

Post by esegabbo » 22 Jan 2012 00:25

I am getting this annoying bug with the Editor that everytime I want to change the color of a knob, slider etc., when I hit the color option on the OBJECT editor window the cursor moves the whole editor. Any clues?

Unfortunately I have found the forum not very helpful. I have posted a couple of basic beginners questions and have had no response, not even from the moderators. I have read the manual a couple of times, yet I believe having a good forum support is fundamental for the product purchased to perform accordingly to ones needs. I respectfully ask for more attention to this situation. Thank you.

gabbo

Phil999
Regular

Re: BUGGY + Poor Forum

Post by Phil999 » 22 Jan 2012 01:02

hello esegabbo,

does this also happen if you have maximised the editor window? There's a tiny little + in the top left corner to maximise.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 22 Jan 2012 01:43

Hmm Poor form, imho,

Seriously to SHOUT buggy is a bit much don't you think? I usually reserve that for widespread serious operational errors . . .

Re the 'Poor Forum' I see that many of your post have been in the 'LiveControl Support' forum - I don't look there as it is for not for Lemur, it is for LiveControl . .
Re 'helpfulness' - I think I responded to some of your posts and had no followup from you
The forum is a 'User forum' not a direct line to Liine - to help users get the product to do what it can do . . .

Anyway to answer your question

It functions correctly for me on my setup, no problems.
It is important that when reporting any possible problems that we know what platform, operating system, etc etc you on . . .

So sorry can't really help anymore than to suggest that you post in the right place with more information with nicer titles and tone . . .

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

benj3737

Post by benj3737 » 22 Jan 2012 04:50

I have the same bug. Max os x 10.6.7, latest version of the editor. It sucks.

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 22 Jan 2012 11:40

sorry to hear that. I've never run into this problem. Neither on W7 nor Lion 10.7. But I have it maximised on all systems, I believe the editor window is locked this way, it cannot move. Did you try this out already?
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 22 Jan 2012 13:40

Hi
Likewise sorry to hear that you have problems - it works fine for me in 10.6.8; upgrade perhaps . . .
No 'exotic' input device/hardware being used or anything else playing up ?

So - After a single click on the color swatch (which should just reveal the picker) moving the mouse moves the entire window even if it is maximised?
Is that what is happening? Has it always been like this for you? If so have you sent an email to support at liine?

I would probably run through all the usual things - clean the prefs, clean install etc
And use one of the many methods that would let get around the problem . . .
Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

lABl
Lemur Guru

Post by lABl » 22 Jan 2012 15:35

Hi,

it's a very old bug, and it''s really annoying when it happens. There is no way to reproduce it, it happens randomly.

The only path I have found to fix that is to close jazzeditor (save your project before) and re-open jazzeditor. that will fix the issue temporaly, but it will appears again.

I don't know if this is related with the platform, but maybe would be good idea to post if you're using windows or OSX, I am on mac and got this issue many times in every OS (Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard), anybody using windows know this bug?

Sure, it will be fixed, so don't worry, lemur is very "young" app on iPad.

Thanks,
AB

esegabbo

Post by esegabbo » 23 Jan 2012 00:46

Macciza wrote:Hmm Poor form, imho,

Seriously to SHOUT buggy is a bit much don't you think? I usually reserve that for widespread serious operational errors . . .

Re the 'Poor Forum' I see that many of your post have been in the 'LiveControl Support' forum - I don't look there as it is for not for Lemur, it is for LiveControl . .
Re 'helpfulness' - I think I responded to some of your posts and had no followup from you
The forum is a 'User forum' not a direct line to Liine - to help users get the product to do what it can do . . .

MM
Hi, thanks for checking where I have posted my questions. Definitely a miss-communication with "live control" forum, I made the assumption the whole forum was only for Lemur Ipad, therefore, posting my questions there seemed natural for anything that had to do with live controlling using lemur.

Thanks,

gabbo

esegabbo

Post by esegabbo » 23 Jan 2012 00:57

Phil999 wrote:sorry to hear that. I've never run into this problem. Neither on W7 nor Lion 10.7. But I have it maximised on all systems, I believe the editor window is locked this way, it cannot move. Did you try this out already?
Hi! Yes I tried it a couple of times, maximized windows, shut down and re-start and still happens. It is more random I beleive as Antonio Blanca points out.

esegabbo

Post by esegabbo » 23 Jan 2012 01:14

lAntonioBlancal wrote:Hi,

it's a very old bug, and it''s really annoying when it happens. There is no way to reproduce it, it happens randomly.

The only path I have found to fix that is to close jazzeditor (save your project before) and re-open jazzeditor. that will fix the issue temporaly, but it will appears again.

I don't know if this is related with the platform, but maybe would be good idea to post if you're using windows or OSX, I am on mac and got this issue many times in every OS (Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard), anybody using windows know this bug?

Sure, it will be fixed, so don't worry, lemur is very "young" app on iPad.

Thanks,
AB
Hola Antonio,

I agree it is more random than specific, I tried it right now and worked fine, yesterday it happened constantly, despite shutting down and restarting.

I am running a Mac Book Pro Version10.6.8, 2.66GHZ Intel Core i7
No no other running programs or other devices connected when this has happened.

Thanks for the support.

Cheers from Honduras

gabbo
PopVJ-Visual Label