Lemur dropping wifi connection

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
jimboy
Lemur dropping wifi connection

Post by jimboy » 08 Jan 2012 23:37

Ever since installing Lemur I have had an issue where after approximately 15 minutes the iPad will drop its wifi connection despite constant use. When using other controllers such as TouchOSC I do not have any issues with Wifi connectivity, only with Lemur.

At first I thought this may have to do with the fact that I was using OSX's built in network midi ports so I installed the lemur daemon and tried again with no luck. The app will stay open and my interface continues to operate normally but I will not know the wifi has dropped until ableton stops responding. In order to re-establish wifi I have to exit Lemur, the iPad will then reconnect to wifi, then relaunch lemur. For obvious reasons this is unacceptable on stage and I prefer Lemur to other iPad based controller options. I have looked into the possibility of wired midi communication but at the moment I live in a country where it is not possible to buy the adapters necessary to do this.

Thanks for any help in advance

Lemur 3.0
iPad software version 4.2.1

jimboy

Re: Lemur dropping wifi connection

Post by jimboy » 09 Jan 2012 12:45

*** Update ***

I have an additional update that may help solve this strange issue. Still no luck with the mac but I have an additional laptop that I have for windows and use for non-audio applications. Using a different lemur template for other midi related software I have had lemur running for over an hour without issue. So this leads me to think could there be a problem with OSX or the midi plugins that is timing out the wifi? Below is a more detailed description of what i have going on in both machines, both are using only one midi channel on daemon 0 only;

Macbook pro 2008 (10.6.8)
Running ableton and lemur daemon 3.0.2, Lemur is sending simple CC Midi messages to control basic ableton functions

Windows XP pro SP3
Running LoopBe1, lemur daemon 3.0.2, Bomes Midi to keystroke translator to control MagicQ PC lighting control software

Thanks for any help

pianopaul

Post by pianopaul » 12 Feb 2012 20:21

Same Issue for me.

The difference is, I do not use any midi message at all, only osc.

Today i sent an email to support.

marino_liine
Regular

Post by marino_liine » 13 Feb 2012 12:18

Hi pianopaul,

I got your email, let's keep in touch through there and get you sorted out.

Best regards,
Marino.

adverb

Post by adverb » 14 Feb 2012 05:44

i have this exact issue. except when my ipad drops i can just enter prefs on lemur and reconnect immediately. few minutes later, drops again. very annoying. anyhow, i will not post more details as i just included all necessary info in another thread just below this one. let's hope a solution exists.

NachoS

Post by NachoS » 18 Feb 2012 02:08

Same problem here, with Windows 7. I'm getting depressed.

SuperChester

Post by SuperChester » 20 Feb 2012 00:22

Oh no -- I was hoping there was a solution for this already. I drop connection arbitrarily with Lemur Daemon. Sometimes it's a few minutes, some times it's 20. I have to close Lemur on iPad and open it back up to reestablish connection.

I have an iPad 2, Windows 7 Pro SP1, and Lemur Daemon 3.0.2; I'm connecting to a desktop that is wired in to a wireless router that the iPad is connected to.

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 20 Feb 2012 02:41

maybe the connection stays intact with a laptop-ad-hoc network? I'm also on W7, and it works flawlessly. It's actually only a netbook, and the wired connection to the DAW is only 100 Gbps. You can bridge the two network adapters so that your iPad can directly connect to the DAW.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

djtex

Post by djtex » 20 Mar 2012 07:51

I've just contacted support seems I have the same issue using Daemon over an ad-hoc connection. I just close Lemur and re-open and all ok. Until it happens again, proper annoying when I'm playing out.

djtex

Post by djtex » 12 Apr 2012 06:10

Does the latest update actually fix this problem? It's not clear from the release notes. Can someone please confirm, as currently Lemur is unreliable when playing out.

Cheers :)