Help: Keyboard / Mouse Control still not working.

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
voyagingmind
Help: Keyboard / Mouse Control still not working.

Post by voyagingmind » 28 Dec 2011 09:27

Based on the manual and the Lemur Daemon, one should be able to use 3 different targets for Lemur controls.

1. OCS
2, MIDI
3. Keyboard & Mouse (e.g. send a Ctrl+S 'Save' by clicking a switch in Lemur)

Keyboard & Mouse is important because it lets the user map keyboard and mouse shortcuts to a Lemur templates, so to control basically any application that uses these inputs (e.g. DAW, Video Editor, 3D Modeling program, etc)

The problem is Lemur Editor shows -No such destinations.

They can clearly be seen in the Lemur .PDF Manual, but the Lemur Editor only shows OSC and MIDI in the mapping window.

What gives?

Thats one out of three destinations Missing. Unless I'm doing something completely wrong, I'm surprised this issues hasn't been brought up yet, since this is a -Big- feature to be missing.

Appreciate any advice.

Macciza
Regular

Re: Help: Keyboard / Mouse Control still not working.

Post by Macciza » 28 Dec 2011 10:44

Already mentioned here http://liine.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=525
And logged as an update/feature request . . .
Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

voyagingmind

Post by voyagingmind » 28 Dec 2011 11:04

Thank You for clarifying that. The manual had me confused.

You certainly have my vote for the feature request. It would make lemur (The?) a Dream controller. Not that it already isn't. But the power of a drag & drop and/or scripted visual interactive interface for keyboard/mouse control shouldn't be underestimated. e.g. A control interface that adapts it's layout all depending which section of the program one is focusing on. And it would also take care of any current iOS keyboard/mouse shortcut apps out there I can think of.

mbncp
Regular

Post by mbncp » 28 Dec 2011 11:29

Haven't tried it yet, but it seems that you have to enter the lemur daemon setup and add a Daemon KbMouse Out 'port', maybe it works ?

Edit:

Just tried a :

keyout(0, 48, 1);
keyout(0, 48, 0);

and it works !!!! it types a nice 0 every time I hit my custom button. ( tried in textedit osx something)

It's time for the lemur to take control of the world .. ... .. ... ... .. . .. :twisted:

Edit2:

Although it's nice to have the lemur sending keys or mouse events it's pretty much worthless as there isn't really a way to control to which app/window to send these events.
IMO, it's probably better to send some midi events to trigger some script with a more powerfull sdk suited for the os you're running.

voyagingmind

Post by voyagingmind » 05 Jan 2012 20:53

Thank you for replying mbncp.

I had overlooked the jzml files could be directly edited.

In the example you stated above, I under stand the 2nd value is the ASCII code, e.g. Keyout(x,ASCII Value,x)

Do you have any idea how to send key combinations such as alt+ctrl+key ? And also being able to send Right/Left alt, ctrl, shift key modifiers, as this is an issue in some apps.

I understand Lemur would send the key strokes to the currently active app. e.g. no routing to several apps. Thats fine with me, I just want to use it for my daw. And perhaps make a template for premiere, flash, and a few other apps I use often.

Appreciate and help. Again, thanks for your help.

mbncp
Regular

Post by mbncp » 05 Jan 2012 21:32

hmmm, elsewhere on the net I found:
keyout(target, key, state) and
keycomboout(target, ctrl, alt, shift, key)

target is of course the 'port' set in the Lemur Daemon
for key out state seems to be 0: up or 1: down
not sure about keycombo but probably keycombo(0, 0,1,1,key) would be an ALt+Shift+key
For special key I'm not sure, but on Window they probably use the SendInput function or keybd_event function, and you probably have to send a virtual key numbers that can be found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms927178.aspx

I'm currently on mac but have no idea how this stuff works, must be something equivalent.

voyagingmind

Post by voyagingmind » 06 Jan 2012 10:57

Hey mbncp, I really appreciate your kind help. Thank you.

I will try working the key combos/special keys out this weekend and post my findings.

Hope/can't wait till the Lemur Editor for ios adds the kbmouse destination to make things a bit simpler. Other than that, great to know everything else is working with the kbmouse. If i can figure these key combos out, I pretty much have everything I could hope for in a controller.

kraftf
Regular

Post by kraftf » 11 Jan 2012 12:01

Guys I've tried the mouse.jzlb from the examples package of the original Lemur.
Guess what.....THERE IS A GESTURE OBJECT AVAILABLE!!

The example only works for the mouse position and not the click.
And again I have to say that the MANUAL NEEDS TO BE UPDATED!!!
The mousemove and mouselbutton output functions don't exist!
Instead they are available as mouseout and clickout. Clickout doesn't work.

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 28 Feb 2012 17:37

right-click, middle mouse button, double-click, and scroll wheel would be nice additions.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro