Camera connection kit

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Nexusofst
Camera connection kit

Post by Nexusofst » 25 Dec 2011 01:40

I am curious if simply connect my ipad to my Pc via the kit would it allow me to use the application? This is how I connect my other midi devices and they transmit fine. Is this possible? I am asking because I have an m audio interface but it has no USB "in" port. It only has the USB to connect to my pc. Any insight is appreciated.

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Re: Camera connection kit

Post by nick_liine » 25 Dec 2011 09:00

Nexusofst wrote:I am curious if simply connect my ipad to my Pc via the kit would it allow me to use the application? This is how I connect my other midi devices and they transmit fine. Is this possible? I am asking because I have an m audio interface but it has no USB "in" port. It only has the USB to connect to my pc. Any insight is appreciated.
Hi Nexusofst,

Yes, Lemur supports the Camera Connection Kit which you can use to connect to any class compliant MIDI interface. In that case, the physical MIDI cables would have to go into another interface for example your M-Audio. A tidy solution is an iOS specific MIDI adapter such as iConnect MIDI.

Best regards,
Nick

bxsj
Regular

Post by bxsj » 25 Dec 2011 09:08

I use the camer connection kit with a 9,99$ USB MIDI interface. Works fine for me, but it will suck on your Ipad power ...
Cheers
BxSj
Win7 64, Ipad Lemur, Cubase6 and a bunch of Roland Synths and Samplers

Nexusofst

Post by Nexusofst » 25 Dec 2011 23:09

Hey Bsxj,
Which interface do you use? I have a M-audio mobile pre but can't figure out how I would connect the camera kit to it.

bxsj
Regular

Post by bxsj » 26 Dec 2011 08:14

Shoot. You will need a MIDI interface to use the same setup as I do. I use this USB to MIDI interface: http://www.cme-pro.com/en/product-detai ... duct_id=16 The I plug the MIDI side ot the cme into my MIDI interface (here a midi sport 2x2)
Sorry I did not think about that in my previous post :oops: )
Hope that helps,
BxSj

AlexRodriguez

Post by AlexRodriguez » 31 Dec 2011 11:23

HI all!

First sorry for my english!

My question is :

IS Possible to connect with the camera kit usb to an USb port that has USB MIDI? i dont have any midi conections in my mac and only is for use traktor templates. I want to use lemur app for my gigs!

Thanks a lot!

bxsj
Regular

Post by bxsj » 01 Jan 2012 19:03

The indeed you would need something like this: http://iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI-Overview