Wireless connecting + Internet

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
MBM
Regular
Wireless connecting + Internet

Post by MBM » 23 Dec 2011 21:50

Hello, is there any form to connect by Wi-Fi (MB Pro - iPad) but at same time connect to my router with Internet ADSL? I would like connect to the iPad without loss my Internet connection.

Thank you very much and best regards.

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Re: Wireless connecting + Internet

Post by nick_liine » 24 Dec 2011 15:54

Connecting the Lemur to your computer through a router should work fine. I do it all the time. The only issue is that packets will have more latency and jitter than an ad-hoc connection. If you're performing on stage, use an ad-hoc network or USB MIDI. If you just need to test something quick or use a non realtime-critical template then feel free to connect through the router and keep the internet connection alive on your computer.

Best regards,
Nick

MBM
Regular

Post by MBM » 24 Dec 2011 22:43

THank you. Surely is a stupid question, but, how do I connect through the router? I don´t know how to do it.

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Post by nick_liine » 25 Dec 2011 09:01

MBM wrote:THank you. Surely is a stupid question, but, how do I connect through the router? I don´t know how to do it.

Just connect your iPad to the router in Settings / Wi-Fi. If your laptop is also connected to the router both devices will be on the same subnet and thus able to see each other.

Best regards,
Nick

MBM
Regular

Post by MBM » 25 Dec 2011 22:01

OMG. I didn´t try that because I couldn´t believe it was so easy... :oops: Thank you very much and best regards :)