can we expect functional template one day

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
chou
can we expect functional template one day

Post by chou » 21 Dec 2011 15:34

hi all,

yeah yeah I know there will be many integrist here to claim i miss the point and how lemur is the ultimate customizable controller in the world

but i really don't care about what they say because at this point lemur is just useless for me

liine should release templates just to justify the price we put on their app

give us something to eat, because even if this app is marvellous this is just an empty box at this point, I just don't even undertsand how it work and don't have any template exemple to tweak and adapt a template to my wishes,

MORE SPECIFIC TEMPLATES PLZ !!!

and especially for ipad resolution

abadona

Re: can we expect functional template one day

Post by abadona » 21 Dec 2011 17:34

I can make you a template, what do you need?

What do you want to control? How much are you going to pay me?

The whole point of the controller is to design your own controlling surface for the project that you need.

Mathieu

Post by Mathieu » 22 Dec 2011 06:14

Abadona...if templates are not showing up in a near future...I'll contact you and pay you for templates.
Chhers.

chou

Post by chou » 22 Dec 2011 10:01

abadona wrote:I can make you a template, what do you need?

What do you want to control? How much are you going to pay me?

The whole point of the controller is to design your own controlling surface for the project that you need.
you ask good questions,

the guy who made retouch DUO for touchosc ask about 40 usd for his template, does it seems fair for you ? (I understand how time consuming it is to create a complex template for lemur, I try it myshelf and im totally lost du to the vast possibilities)

but my main problem is not to have the perfect template i wish but a template to start with,

that's why I was thinking about some specific (even basic) template for each existing daw,

AT the moment I create page of objects (vpots, switch and sliders) to "recreate" the GUI and all the parameters of every reason6 devices (channelstrip, synth, drum machine ...) and use midi implementation chart to send and receive the good CC

But even if it seems simple I touch some limitations and I m pretty sure I forgot some tweaks to make it works properly,

add to this some special (but not so crazy) wishes i just don't know how to do this :

transport section (I don't find any implementation chart to control it)

8 faders bank for mixer (how to make it work and how to select fader 1 to 8 page, fader 9 to 16 ect ect), i try to understand how work MCU emulation, and try to tweak it to undertsand how it work in the lemur editor : pure magic, it seems its work don't ask me how ...

and how to control a matrix seq device you find in reason (I certainly need the remote SDK from propellerhead, wich mean it's out of my capabilities)

ect ect

I can compare the lemur editor to something like reaktor, The only way for me to understand how to create new synth / fx was to tweak existing synth / fx created by NI or the community, and the vast library help me to do that.

I miss this vast library to undertsand what i do in the lemur editor

at this point the lemur app looks like a fantastic but just empty box :(

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 22 Dec 2011 10:17

Hi
What specific templates do you need apart from the ones included in the device, or the editor or the 100 or so available from http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/ . . .

I used the stretcher app and posted an iPad version of the Monemur - (Monome) template to the forum
You could start building your own custom controller from just the stuff included in the app using midi mapping in most apps . . .

I've used Mu, and various Traktor projects without too much problem, and some of the Reaktor projects too etc etc
Unfortunately they all do similar things very differently so it is not a simple case of cut and paste
So it's a case of looking through them and finding something close to what it is it that you want to do?
It is something that is still going to take a while and more patches will slowly become available

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

chou

Post by chou » 22 Dec 2011 10:44

"What specific templates do you need "

something to control propellerhead reason6 all devices,

i start to create a page for each device and the reason midi implementation chart help me to do that

but I 'm totally lost when I want to create specific control like simple start / play transport control, how to manage fader bank, ect ect because I don't find any data about those things and none explaination about how to do it

dbk
Regular

Post by dbk » 22 Dec 2011 10:51

i think there sould be more tutorials covering basic ground.i would have been pretty lost if there weren´t people like macciza.

Liine should bring up simple templates/tutorials on every available object and probably some basic scripting tutorials. The documentation could be way better then it is right now.

i second macciza, try to find a template on the library which is mmost near the things you want, one by one, and learn from it, this helped me a lot.

this eventually could get you started with your transport control:
http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/24/

cheers

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Post by nick_liine » 24 Dec 2011 15:47

dbk wrote: Liine should bring up simple templates/tutorials on every available object and probably some basic scripting tutorials. The documentation could be way better then it is right now.
Hi there,

Have you had a look at the PDF manual? There is description of each object and every single variable and attribute for each.

Best regards,
Nick

mscoelho

Post by mscoelho » 27 Dec 2011 20:17

I found the tutorial videos on the Jazz Mutant site to be very helpful in getting me started. These can be found on You Tube too.

http://www.jazzmutant.com/workshop.php