Touch OSC iPad template and Abelton Live Looper device

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
rextherunt
Touch OSC iPad template and Abelton Live Looper device

Post by rextherunt » 09 Apr 2020 10:50

Hi there

I wonder whether anyone could help me, or point me in the right direction to find guidance?

I have LiveControl installed along with Touch OSC and Touch OSC Bridge. I’m using the default Live for iPad layout in TouchOSC.

I am trying to find a simple way to control the Looper device in Live. However, the device tab automatically uses 8 rotary knobs. The Looper Device has a “Multi-purpose transport button”, which has 4 states - Record/Overdub/Play/Stop. With the rotary dial, these states can’t be used in the same way as a pedal, which is how the button is intended to be used.

In addition, there are four individual buttons for Record/Overdub/Play/Stop, which are missing from the device screen.

I wondered whether there is a way of creating something that will work via OSC? The devices need to be automatically updated via OSC as I place Looper devices on different tracks, so I can’t use MIDI to map the buttons.

I also have Lemur, so if that's the only way to achieve this, I am open to that. Perhaps there's a Live template that could achieve this?
I found a post here from 2012 that talks about doing this with MIDI, but I need a solution that updates using OSC.

Thanks!
:?