Text over osc

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
nitefish
Regular
Text over osc

Post by nitefish » 25 Mar 2020 09:44

Bonjour,
I'm looking for an example wich send text (a classic hello!) from lemur over osc.
In advance, thank you.

Phil999
Regular

Re: Text over osc

Post by Phil999 » 02 May 2020 17:35

right now I'm not able to help, but did you try the search option in the forum? There may be some answers to your question, but I'm not sure.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Hoopsville

Re: Text over osc

Post by Hoopsville » 20 May 2020 19:50

Hi, nitefish!

I was able to figure out how to send text from Lemur over OSC into Plogue Bidule on my Mac; here’s how I did it.

In Bidule I opened a Comments bidule, which is just a repository for text; the text can be populated by sending an OSC string to the address /Comment_1/Comment:_ .

So in Lemur, I created a Pads. I gave it a variable which I named n, and in its script window I typed ‘Hello World!’ (you need to enclose the text in single quotes or the Lemur Editor won't parse it--also the text can not contain apostrophes). I then created a new script which I called world(), executing on x in any direction, and for the body of the script, I typed:

Code: Select all

oscout(0,'/Comment_1/Comment:_’,n);
where 0 is the OSC target, next is the OSC address to send the string to (don't forget to enclose the address in single quotes), and n is the variable representing the string that will be sent. You should uncheck the variable x in the project window, otherwise it will send 0 or 1 values every time you touch the Pads.

And that worked for me; every time I tapped the Pads, Bidule received Hello World! over OSC.

I’m not a super sophisticated user of Lemur, so someone might come along with a more elegant method.

But I hope this helps!
Attachments
Text over OSC.jzlib
(5.5KiB)Downloaded 225 times