Lemur is sending but not recieving midi (Win 7)

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
MUSing
Lemur is sending but not recieving midi (Win 7)

Post by MUSing » 11 Dec 2011 22:22

I'm having problems setting this up bidirectionally - I have tried now with 4 different virtual MIDI cables on Win 7 (64 bit). With all of them the host (several tried) is receiving midi fine but nothing is being sent back to Lemur so knobs/faders do not stay in sync. This is an example of my setup - can anyone see any obvious mistakes because I can't:

I am using separate cables for in and out to avoid feedback loops, the daemon is running fine over an adhoc wifi connection (using Connectify which makes a very stable adhoc connection I find).

marino_liine
Regular

Re: Lemur is sending but not recieving midi (Win 7)

Post by marino_liine » 12 Dec 2011 16:24

Hi MUSing,

I would recommend that you try another set of MIDI ports, please follow this thread for reference. http://liine.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=513

If that doesn't fixes it I will be more than happy to further assist you, just drop me an email to support@liine.net

Cheers,
Marino.

MUSing

Post by MUSing » 12 Dec 2011 19:59

Hi I tried loopmidi instead and set up two ports, one in and one out but I am still only receiving midi in the host, not able to send it back to Lemur

MUSing

Post by MUSing » 13 Dec 2011 18:32

haha I worked it out and it has nothing to do with extra midi ports - it's just the manual doesn't show pictures of how Lemur should be set up in the iPad app itself so I was working on the basis that I had to have a Lemur session going out to a midi target and a Lemur session receiving from a different midi target - it just had not occurred to me that in the setup I have to have Loopmidi 1 going to loopmidi 2 because one of the options presented is the iPad but that is exactly what you have to do to get it working bidirectionally. Intuitive it is not but it works. It could be much clearer in the manual though