Multislider Object - bidirectional com

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
jasonjasonson
Multislider Object - bidirectional com

Post by jasonjasonson » 02 Nov 2017 21:06

So I'm trying to use the Multislider Object to control a plugin (Expert Sleepers LFO) using OSC
16 sliders, all with their individual address, going from /exsl/SWStepLFO/1/Step1L all the way up to /exsl/SWStepLFO/1/Step16L (the L stands for left, since the plugin also has a right channel).

I created a Multislider object with variable x assigned to /exsl/SWStepLFO/1/Step 1L, scaled from -1 to 1 (since these are the values used in the plugin)
I then managed to create expressions (vector variables) in the Multislider Object (as described in the Lemur Manual envelope-example) and assign individual addresses to individual sliders, all scaled to the correct value. So for example, I have an Expression called "Slider2" which has the address /exsl/SWStepLFO/1/Step2L and the script =([x1]*2)-1, which means slider x1 (first slider being x0) should be used, and the input value 0 to 1 should be scaled with the fancy formula to -1 to 1.

So far so good, but this only seems to work one way: I can move the sliders on Lemur and the sliders in the plugin window will move accordingly (great), but I can't seem to get it to work the other way around: if I try to move the sliders in the plugin, they seem to be "stuck" on the value I gave them from within Lemur (not so great). They "move", but immediately jump back to the Lemur-value, as if this value is over-rulling the communication from plugin to Lemur.
However, this bidirectional communction does work for the first slider (variable x): if I lower the slider on the plugin, Lemur follows. It doesn't work on my vector variables/expressions (x1, x2 etc...), so my guess is this has something to do with it, but I can't seem to find out what exactly.

Any ideas? Thanks.

phase_change
Regular

Re: Multislider Object - bidirectional com

Post by phase_change » 03 Nov 2017 03:25

Post your template and I'll look at it
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

jasonjasonson

Re: Multislider Object - bidirectional com

Post by jasonjasonson » 03 Nov 2017 09:13

Here you go!
Don't know if this makes sense without the software (Silent Way - Step LFO), but thanks for having a look!
Attachments
TestExpertSleepers.jzml
(4.76KiB)Downloaded 81 times