nedd help with a issue that has been bugging me for a while

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
digitalson
Regular
nedd help with a issue that has been bugging me for a while

Post by digitalson » 02 Oct 2017 05:00

i need a way to change focus to a window that certain key commands are mapped ..so if i dont click on the window first they dont work..so im tring to come up with a way to change focus to that window when i hit the tab of kc's that control that monitors window and when i hit the tab to go back it will put the focus on the left monitor...now as a work around i have a very small pad under the tabs that can run a windows macro program that just moves the mouse and clicks on the window and it good for now......but it covers the tab and its small ...now the led can be transparent and will allow the tab under it to be selected ,,so both can work with on press....but i cant find a way to assign any keyouts to the led's....i wish there was a way to run a keyout when hitting a tab...if anyone knows how to do this great..or any other solutions...thanks

digitalson
Regular

Re: nedd help with a issue that has been bugging me for a wh

Post by digitalson » 02 Oct 2017 20:51

Or is there a way to send an expression for an led ,cause it can be placed on top on something else and press can send both out...and its small and won't cover up the tab....that would work ,,,I need to send out a mouseout command or a keyout for a macro that just clicks on the window needed for the commands to work

schoko

Post by schoko » 03 Oct 2017 13:37

hi,

i have made something like this in the past, starting windows software via lemur interface by the help of autohotkey.

it's long time ago so i hope i explain it right...

you have to setup a kbmouse out target via "setup lemur daemon" to send keyboard shortcuts etc. to the host(windows in my case)...
i think i sent out keycombos with "keycomboout"

keycomboout(target,ctrl,alt,shift,key) : outputs a simultaneous key strokes combination to
the defined KbMouse Target.

then you have to install autohotkey

a script could look like that

^!a:: // i think that means control+shift+a
ifwinexist, Kontakt 5 //title name of program
{
Winactivate, Kontakt 5 //activate the window when in background
winclose, kontakt 5 //close it
}
run, [Path to file] //run a nkb, e.g. to start with this kontakt
return

hope this helps...

digitalson
Regular

Post by digitalson » 04 Oct 2017 06:10

Well that's a program that runs macros...it's a separate program that I just send ascii keyout to and the macro just clicks on appropriate screen....it works but I need it to run when I hit the tab

schoko

Post by schoko » 05 Oct 2017 14:22

what about this?

1.) make a global variable e.g. LASTTAB
2.) in every tab you make (inside a container or object) a script ("on frame", i think "on load" wouldn't be enough, i had hard times to figure out when "on load" really loads )
LASTTAB = current_interface;
When you monitor the variable in every tab you see that the index will update, as you change the tab
3.) in the same container (or object) you can set a local variable with index of the actual tab numer (0,1,2,3)
4.) when you compare this local tab variable with LASSTAB you should get a starting point for further action

this might be a little bit "clumsy", but it should work.

digitalson
Regular

Post by digitalson » 05 Oct 2017 17:09

Please explain in further detail...I've tried the on load but that is for loading the entire project....and on frame the macro just loops....but can you use a tab number for a out going command I use a keyout for external macro but I could use a mouseout command as well

schoko

Post by schoko » 05 Oct 2017 18:03

it was meant this way

global project variable LASTTAB (has to be empty of course)
container0 -> (local variable) -> cont = 0
container0 -> (on frame script) ->

Code: Select all

LASTTAB = current_interface;
if LASTTAB eq container0.cont  //or get values with getexpression(getobject(),'cont');
{
TRIGGER SOMETHING
}
container1 -> (local variable) -> cont = 1
container1 -> (on frame script) -> like above but compare it to cont of container1

But the downside on this is, that i loops..., i didn't notice it first, because i just monitored the values...

do you use a MENU Item...?

what about a RANGE object, send it back, over the whole length
in Front of it use Several Monitor/or text objects (in front), because the RANGE object is in background you can't see it...

with the range object you can calculate the position and trigger a command (fiddling around with values might be annoying)...

digitalson
Regular

Post by digitalson » 05 Oct 2017 23:43

can the range object send an expression like a keyout?

digitalson
Regular

Post by digitalson » 06 Oct 2017 00:06

didnt work....is there a way to make a led send out a leyout?