Lemur restart button

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
niveksmusic
Lemur restart button

Post by niveksmusic » 02 Sep 2017 20:27

I'm just wondering if there's a way to program this. I have a Lemur template that I use to write in Cubase but it tends to disconnect form the daemon quite often. Normally I just quit Lemur and open it again to re-connect. Thought it would be handy to have a button on the actual template that would just restart the application on my tablet.
I'm aware that hardwiring the tablet has a more stable connection but it doesn't seem to be an option with my tablet (I've tried using the micro-USB connected with my Mac without any success).

Host computer: MacOS 10.12.6

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy View 18.4
Lemur 5.3.3
Lemur Daemon 5.3.2

niveksmusic

Re: Lemur restart button

Post by niveksmusic » 08 Sep 2017 20:05

No takers on this?

phase_change
Regular

Post by phase_change » 10 Sep 2017 22:03

I don't think it's possible - to my knowledge it's not. It's easier to say I know something for sure works than something for sure doesn't work, since it may and I may not have found the way to do it yet. Typically if you don't get a response and it's not documented, it's not possible.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

kenm

Post by kenm » 12 Sep 2017 23:36

Hi niveksmusic.
I'm aware that hardwiring the tablet has a more stable connection but it doesn't seem to be an option with my tablet (I've tried using the micro-USB connected with my Mac without any success).
The Plugable USB2-OTGE100 Ethernet adapter works perfectly with the Samsung Galaxy View. I"m just starting to move my Lemur controls over to the Galaxy View from an iPad but I've been using the GV with an app called Mixing Station Pro on the hardwired connection and it's rock solid.

Samsung was actually nice enough to leave full Ethernet support in their build so you can plug the adapter in, configure it, and then plug a network cable in, all without messing around with Airplane Mode. It even disables wireless when you get a network connection and re-enables it when you unplug the network cable.

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Micro-B ... B00RM3KXAU

Good Luck,
Ken