Hardware with multiple midi out ports?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
quartzite
Hardware with multiple midi out ports?

Post by quartzite » 30 Aug 2017 19:38

Hey all. I'm in the middle of writing a set of templates to control aspects of my Octatrack and MPC1000 with midi via Lemur. I currently use an iPad with an Alesis ioDock II.

My problem is that the dock only has one output port, and the MPC/Octatrack overlap with their midi implementations so they both need the same channels with the same cc messages.

Are there other folks using multiple midi out ports on an iOS/Android device? If so, can you share the set-up that works for you? I know I can hook up a midi hub to my Android device, but using that usb port makes it so I can't charge the device. I've looked into tablets with QI charging but that seems limited. Maybe there are other solutions? I've been thinking about using Arduino with a midi hub to translate midi cc messages from free spaces to the ones the octatrack or mpc 1000 will respond to, but that's a headache even with me already knowing how to write the code

quartzite

Re: Hardware with multiple midi out ports?

Post by quartzite » 30 Aug 2017 20:05

I see I could pick up an iConnectivity iConnectMIDI2+ and solve my problems, seeing as I don't use the audio inputs on my ioDock. Still curious about other solutions tho!

phase_change
Regular

Re: Hardware with multiple midi out ports?

Post by phase_change » 31 Aug 2017 01:51

I'd check out PD or Max/MSP
Have you tried turning it off and on again?