push button to run script lowering a fader gradually

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
apacherose105
push button to run script lowering a fader gradually

Post by apacherose105 » 12 Aug 2017 23:40

ok I'm a bit of a newb to this, but I'm wondering if there's a function within lemur whereby I can push a button, trigger a command to bring a midi fader down gradually over a certain period of time, without actually bringing the fader down with my finger, more like triggering a dummy clip in ableton or something like that.

I'm going to be controlling a Behringer X32 via a few iPads running Lemur and am just exploring options for freeing up my hands a bit as I'll be playing violin and flute as well.

phase_change
Regular

Re: push button to run script lowering a fader gradually

Post by phase_change » 13 Aug 2017 23:20

Hi there! This video will help you. You may need to customize the code, but it should get you started. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdoErDduBwc

People here are a lot cooler than some other forums when someone asks a newb question without doing their own research first, but it's always a good idea to search for older forum posts/Google your question, since it may have been covered before
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

apacherose105

Post by apacherose105 » 18 Aug 2017 19:24

thanks ! I'll check this out.

Yea I'm not even sure of what terms or concepts to search, I guess I need a starting point.
This seems like a pretty out there question so I figured it'd be ok, and thanks for the link :)

phase_change
Regular

Post by phase_change » 20 Aug 2017 20:23

It's totally cool, I'm not the Lemur police or an admin or anything. I just remembered answering this one about a year or two ago and that's why I knew that link existed. Something I've found really useful is the old Jazzmutant.com site. It has some tuts, that although for the older hardware version, have tricks that work in the iOS/Android version. This video itself was made for Jazzmutant.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?