Pad stick ON when device rotate

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
RichG
Pad stick ON when device rotate

Post by RichG » 04 Aug 2017 23:39

I've encountered a problem with a momentary Pad. If I rotate my device (in this case it's a Samsung Galaxy III, but I've also tried it on other Android devices and got the same result) while pressing the Pad, the Pad gets 'stuck' in the ON position. The only way around it is to restart the Lemur App.

I've tried setting the orientation lock to ON, but Lemur ignores that. The screen rotates regardless of orientation lock setting and the Pad gets stuck ON if the screen rotates while pressing the Pad.

Is there any setting in Lemur I can use to enforce a screen orientation lock?... or get it to NOT stick ON when rotated??

How was this discovered, you might ask? I'm using the Pad to turn on the stage fog during our shows. Singer controls it with the device in a holster on his hip. He pressed the button, Lemur rotated, fog stuck on. Stage full of fog. nice. #SpinalTapMoment

phase_change
Regular

Re: Pad stick ON when device rotate

Post by phase_change » 05 Aug 2017 06:18

That's a hell of a bug you've found. I can think of a quick work around that might work - use a second button as an emergency kill switch. If Pad2.x == 1 then Pad.x == 0. Still sucks, but better than restarting the app
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

RichG

Post by RichG » 05 Aug 2017 17:03

Seems like other things get goofed up when this happens, so it's best just to restart the app.
My module has a couple pages. After the pad sticks on, touching a button on the screen will change pages.

I found it does it on the all sample modules as well. Any module I tried that has a momentary pad. If you press the pad then rotate the device, the pad sticks on.

phase_change
Regular

Post by phase_change » 05 Aug 2017 19:36

I don't have an Android device, but I can try to do some troubleshooting on my iPad to see if I can replicate and come up with a better solution. I would expect this type of bug to be consistent across modules/templates. I work in IT, so I may be able to get to the bottom of what's going on here. Most companies pay good money when someone finds a bug like this. No disrespect to Liine's staff intended, but I don't think they will since their support guys are pretty slow to respond in general

Update:
This problem seems to be Android specific - I can't replicate on the most recent version of iOS

RichG

Post by RichG » 07 Aug 2017 03:06

phase_change wrote:Update:
This problem seems to be Android specific - I can't replicate on the most recent version of iOS
Thanks for checking this on iOs. Can someone else running Lemur on an Andriod device please confirm and report back?

RichG

Post by RichG » 10 Aug 2017 16:21

RichG wrote:Can someone else running Lemur on an Andriod device please confirm and report back?
Anyone with an Android device?

Just load one of the sample modules that has momentary pads. Tap it a few times to verify it goes On/Off, then tap & hold it, rotate the device while holding it, Watch the screen flip, then let your finger up to see if the pad turns off.

phase_change
Regular

Post by phase_change » 10 Aug 2017 18:12

I actually have an Android device I can test this on - the problem is I don't have a license for the Android version of Lemur

RichG

Post by RichG » 10 Aug 2017 18:45

phase_change wrote:I actually have an Android device I can test this on - the problem is I don't have a license for the Android version of Lemur
Same here- I got the Android version, but have Apple products as well. I wish the license could be used across all platforms. :? :roll:

midikinetics
Regular

Post by midikinetics » 12 Aug 2017 14:47

He pressed the button, Lemur rotated, fog stuck on. Stage full of fog. nice.
Ha!

Confirmed on a Galaxy Tab. Definitely a bug. File a radar with the dev.

RichG

Post by RichG » 16 Aug 2017 18:47

midikinetics wrote:
Confirmed on a Galaxy Tab. Definitely a bug. File a radar with the dev.
Thank you for confirming this!

Not sure how to submit a bug to the developers. I don't see a section for bugs.