ad hoc network settings for windows7

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
bassmagnetic
ad hoc network settings for windows7

Post by bassmagnetic » 10 Dec 2011 11:02

I'm having a problem with connecting the iphone and windows 7 laptop....

If only it was as easy as the video! Tried that, no dice...

I can create the ad hoc network, select it in the iphone, and windows shows 'identifying' just like in the video...

It then stays on 'identiying' for ages... eventually its shows that its connected to an 'unidentified' network and a yellow triangle shows in the taskbar that there is a problem... If I click through the troubleshooter it says that there is a problem that the computers 'Wireless Network Connection' doesn't have a valid ip address...

So I wondering what settings people are using for an ad hoc network in windows 7?

1. Can the ad hoc network have no security or does it need security to run?
2. do I need to manually configure ip address for the computers 'Wireless Network Connection'? Is so what should they be?
3. do i need to manually configure ip address for the iphone? at the moment the ad hoc network on the iphone is showing there is a 169.254..... ip address, so I'm thinking that its already been assigned...

or any other ideas?

nice one

jlys

Re: ad hoc network settings for windows7

Post by jlys » 10 Dec 2011 21:08

+1 on this one

hello users by the way!

i'm still seting up (trying) the thing on ipad, worked as in the video but sometimes when the status of the wireless lemur network is on 'unidentified' network with the yellow triangle it seems to lost the connection sometimes.
so i disconnect and reconnect the network to have the identifiying status. would be nice if there was a normal status for this network on windows 7, sayin it's just working..
had trouble with loopmidi so i'm giving a try to midiyoke now..

good luck users and thanks liine for that lemur app. i bought the ipad 2 just for it so i hope it's working well...

FranzKranz

Post by FranzKranz » 11 Dec 2011 13:30

Having nightmare with this, too.... help!

jlys

Post by jlys » 11 Dec 2011 17:38

seems i have no connection loss with the unidentified network finally

MUSing

Post by MUSing » 12 Dec 2011 00:19

I had lots of problems with Windows ad hoc connections - problem is it doesn't seem to consistently save them between sessions and also my iPad was only recognising them as wifi connections if I also set up internet connection sharing which in principle should not be necessary. I ended up installing a free app called Connectify which sets up an adhoc connection like a sort of local hotspot and since then I have not had problems as unlike Windows it saves the connection properly.

marino_liine
Regular

Post by marino_liine » 12 Dec 2011 16:21

Hi Guys,

As MUSing pointed out, with Windows it is best to just download and use Connectify. http://www.connectify.me/

Cheers,
Marino.