Buttons with relative interactions

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
th_ldu
Buttons with relative interactions

Post by th_ldu » 29 May 2017 01:03

Hi everyone,

I tried to make "menu" for a Mackie Control Interface but I have problems about the differents interactions between the buttons.
I look for answer(s) or idea(s) in the forum but I don't find anything that can solve my problem. I'm a beginner in coding lemur so...

Here is my interaction idea about this menu :

One button activated at the same time.

By default (at start) VOLUME (Button_Flip) should be ON (activated) but ...
if VOLUME is OFF and I touch it so it's switch ON.

if VOLUME is ON and I touch it again so it's switch OFF and PANNER (Button_Panner) switch ON.
if PANNER is ON and I touch it again so it's switch OFF and VOLUME switch ON.
if VOLUME is ON and I touch PANNER, PANNER switches ON and VOLUME switches OFF and ...
if PANNER is ON and I touch VOLUME, VOLUME switches ON and PANNER switches OFF.

if VOLUME is ON and I touch SENDS (Button_Sends) so SENDS switches ON and VOLUME switches OFF.
if PANNER is ON and I touch SENDS so SENDS switches ON and PANNER switches OFF.
if SENDS is ON and I touch PANNER so PANNER switches ON and SENDS switches OFF.
if SENDS is ON and I touch INSERTS FX (Button_Inserts) so INSERTS FX switches ON and SENDS switches OFF.
if SENDS is ON and I touch OUTPUT BUS (Button_Routing) so OUTPUT BUS switches ON and SENDS switches OFF.

if SENDS is ON and I touch it again so it's switch OFF and PANNER switch ON.
if INSERTS FX is ON and I touch it again so it's switch OFF and PANNER switch ON.
if OUTPUT BUS is ON and I touch it again so it's switch OFF and PANNER switch ON.

I added the file too.
Expecting some help... thanks in advance.
Attachments
Buttons_Interaction.jzml
(15.79KiB)Downloaded 61 times

th_ldu

Re: Buttons with relative interactions

Post by th_ldu » 01 Jun 2017 07:51

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking and testing a lot of things about my problem and I finally found a solution. Probably not the best one in term of coding but it seems to work fine and I've got the result I hoped for.
Although the result is just the same as the well-known Mackie Controls, the aim was to make them more ergonomic, from my opinion. Because the 'Flip' button is a bit annoying/confusing to use and sometimes leads to getting lost in the information displayed and transmitted .

So, the only use of custom buttons wasn't the right solution because it was impossible (with my poor coding notions) to manage the on/off of each button considering the status of the others.
To block certain conditions (and help me on this plan) I have therefore used the switches in radio button mode.

There is definitely a better and more direct solution but considering my notions I didn't find better. If someone with a Lemur's more advanced coding knowledge than mine - it is not difficult! - have another solution, I would obviously be interested in. The goal is to learn because I must admit that the information and examples of the User Guide are sometimes a bit laconic for someone not coming from the code or mathematical world.

So, rather than a long speech I put in attachment the solution that I found. If that can help someone else.
Cheers,
Attachments
Buttons_Interaction_Solution.jzml
(9.09KiB)Downloaded 75 times