Lemur and Logic Pro X Key Commands

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
procreative
Lemur and Logic Pro X Key Commands

Post by procreative » 16 May 2017 12:12

Been looking for a way to make keyswitching easier and more intuitive, so I am using Lemur with a paid-for set of modules called Composer Tools Pro.

I have a set of Pads labelled with the articulations for each library and these are set to auto recall in the template via Program Changes so the appropriate template loads on track selection (still needs me to press Recall on CTP, but thats not so bad).

Now as a Logic owner it also has a free iPad app Logic Remote,that has a section for Logic shortcuts, great! Except it means switching between Apps to take advantage of this.

CTP has a Tab for Key Commands where you can program your own, in theory great, but in reality kind of useless as its basic midi message output.

Now Logic is renowned for poor preset management of controller assignments (everything is stored in a system prefs file, corrupt that and its back to nothing and while you could make a backup, as its constantly evolving and all assignments are stored together impractical).

Now Lemur does have a script for Key Commands which could be incorporated (if you are good with scripts) except currently as far as I can see it only offers Control, Alt, Shift and ASCII characters. I am on a Mac so also need the Apple/Command key!

Is this possible in Lemur? Or is an update on its way that will make it so as their FB page looks untouched since last year.

janiliamilanes

Re: Lemur and Logic Pro X Key Commands

Post by janiliamilanes » 16 May 2017 14:19

I also use Composer Tools Pro and I love it!
Why are the Utility Buttons useless? I just assign MIDI message to Logic Key Command window and it works. Why does need to be keyboard output?
I also use Cubase and they work great there too.

Otherwise you can use can use OSCulator. Send Composer Tools output to OSCulator and convert to key command. I know lots people who do this.

Lemur can send ASCII, I forget the code to do it...I believe it's keyout(target, asciiKeyNumber).
You have to go to the Lemur Daemon and enable a KbMouse Out.

JM

procreative

Post by procreative » 16 May 2017 15:07

Because as I outlined in my post, the saving of Controller Assignments is too unreliable. Say your prefs become corrupted or reset by the application? Bye-bye custom assignments.

Plus thats a lot of steps to program them and using Osculator is an unnecessary extra element in the chain.

There is already a Key Command script in Lemur, but as I said it does not have provision for the Apple/Command Key so will not work as many shortcuts use these.

janiliamilanes

Post by janiliamilanes » 16 May 2017 15:17

yes it does... check User Manual pg 131.

keycomboout(target,ctrl,alt,shift,key)

this is command+n

keycomboout(0, 1, 0, 0, 78);

Just tried it and it open new window in my browser.

procreative

Post by procreative » 16 May 2017 16:15

Okay thats interesting, so which part is the Command key?

I did look in the manual but it said nothing about Command and by the look of your example thats a Control key?

Are you sure its actually using Command N on you computer? Is it a Mac and have you changed it in the System Preferences to use Control N?

janiliamilanes

Post by janiliamilanes » 16 May 2017 19:37

It's command on mac. No I haven't changed command to control.
Which makes me wonder what is control. Don't have time to try now.
Maybe control doesn't work, but command does for sure.