Basic Visual Light Fading

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
pteradactylist
Basic Visual Light Fading

Post by pteradactylist » 15 May 2017 15:04

Hey guys,

I'm trying to add a little slickness to my interface with object visual fade outs (and Ons if possible). Basically I'd like my objects to light when manipulated and fade to a lower light level after a second.

In the example I'd like the Text of 'ManuLabel' to light up when changed and the '_selectTrack..." buttons to light when pressed, hold that light for 1000ms, then fade to light level around -.8 or 9. I'd like to be able to tune this fade out rate and manage it as a global variable, possibly via an ADSR. That way I can have consistent fades across the whole build.

I was trying to use decay or release of a pad to generate the values but I couldn't figure out how to remotely set off it's internal ADSR. I was also looking at the time variable but most examples I've seen employ Trig or modulo which I really don't understand very well.

I've been looking all over for a clear solution but cant find something obviously relevant to my purposes.
This doesn't seem like it should be too complicated but I'm stuck! Thanks Everyone!
Attachments
LightFadeControls.jzlib
(6.24KiB)Downloaded 78 times