Sending MIDI from Editor to another program on same PC?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
RichG
Sending MIDI from Editor to another program on same PC?

Post by RichG » 11 Apr 2017 04:55

Is it possible to send Midi commands from the editor to another program running on the same PC? I'm running the editor on Windows 10 and I'd like to design and test my template from the editor while monitoring Midi commands with MidiOx.

I have loopMIDI and TouchOSC Bridge running. I've tried selecting either one in the Lemur Daemon, but when I do I don't get any choices in the next window when it asks for "Select Source for port" or "Select Destination for port".

I imagine I have to set up the editor somehow, but I can't seem to find how to map the editor's Midi to LoopMIDI or TouchOSC Bridge.

midikinetics
Regular

Re: Sending MIDI from Editor to another program on same PC?

Post by midikinetics » 11 Apr 2017 21:18

The Editor doesn't have i/o capabilities. It's strictly a builder.

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 12 Apr 2017 06:16

true.

Just send MIDI from Lemur to the computer, while building the template with the editor on the same computer.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

RichG

Post by RichG » 12 Apr 2017 14:54

midikinetics wrote:The Editor doesn't have i/o capabilities. It's strictly a builder.
Thanks for confirming this. I wasn't sure. Once I ran Lemur on my tablet I was able to connect and see the Midi messages I was looking for.