efficient clip launcher ipad

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
adverb
efficient clip launcher ipad

Post by adverb » 10 Dec 2011 02:22

awesome news that the lemur is now on ios!

having said that, i am running into a couple of problems. is there an ableton live clip launcher module/template that works WHICH WILL populate the buttons with the track names and clip names? i have had the most luck with the clip launcher that runs off python scripts...

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/26/

although this template triggers clips, scenes, and navigates fine, the buttons are not showing any text (track & clip names) whatsoever? i have tried mu and enjoyed it very much. i just do not want to shell out money for m4l again particularly since i had it once and sold it many months back. i also am not that knowledgeable with the liveapi yet, so i can't make my own script.

let me see if i can be more clear... take livecontrol for example, i really like how the clip triggers in livecontrol flash when playing, and show the track names, and i hope this will be possible with a script for lemur. is this planned? can anybody point me in a direction for resources in achieving this within lemur?

i essentially want to recreate my hacked livecontrol template which looks like this:

http://cl.ly/AjFO

you will notice outside of transport, all that remains from livecontrol is the deck 01 and deck 02 columns which all get populated via the livecontrol script with the appropriate track names, and flash when playing, etc etc... how can i achieve that behaviour with the lemur? i do not wish to buy griid, and i already own touchable... besides, i know it is possible within just the lemur app w/ scripting and the liveapi... right?

thanks for all and any help! the lemur on ios is why i bought an ipad ages ago.

adverb

Re: efficient clip launcher ipad

Post by adverb » 10 Dec 2011 06:41

just researched on the jazzmutant forums, not sure when those will get taken down... but this appears to have been an issue with various versions of the clip launcher due to liveapi update conflicts and such. can anybody confirm that the above template i linked has working text displayed and such on their end?