The Purpose of Aliases

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
ForestCat
Regular
The Purpose of Aliases

Post by ForestCat » 22 Mar 2017 22:48

Is to provide a mechanism of cascaded single-point changes, right?

I have a button, 'Btn1', that provides some function. I need that function on 20 tabs. So rather than create 20 separate buttons, I create one button & 19 aliases. Later, I need to change the color/size, I only need to do it once. I need to change the functionality, MIDI/OSC/whatever, I only need to do it once.

I need to rename the button to make it more consistent with the modified functionality....

OOOOOPS!!! 19 aliases just vanished into thin air,

REALLY??????????????

It's 2017. You folks need to hire some talented programmers if you can't fix this laughable editor to properly handle object/expression/script renaming. This is and always has been one of the most expensive apps. It is virtually unsupported at this stage. How about a little giving back already?

phase_change
Regular

Re: The Purpose of Aliases

Post by phase_change » 27 Mar 2017 19:54

Is to provide a mechanism of cascaded single-point changes, right?
As far as I can tell that's the purpose.
It's 2017. You folks need to hire some talented programmers if you can't fix this laughable editor to properly handle object/expression/script renaming. This is and always has been one of the most expensive apps. It is virtually unsupported at this stage. How about a little giving back already?
I understand your frustration.

Why not use a text object and change the text as a work around?
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

leehu
Regular

Re: The Purpose of Aliases

Post by leehu » 06 Apr 2017 17:41

t's 2017. You folks need to hire some talented programmers if you can't fix this laughable editor to properly handle object/expression/script renaming. This is and always has been one of the most expensive apps. It is virtually unsupported at this stage. How about a little giving back already?
I think the last time the editor was updated (which introduced a number of bugs on Windows) was 2013/2014? I guess standards were lower back then ;)