Text to Lemur via OSC

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
gio
Text to Lemur via OSC

Post by gio » 09 Dec 2011 22:18

Been trying to update a label with MaxMSP sending OSC to the Lemur, but can't seem to be able to change the Text object content. My connection is ok, and I know I have bi-directional communication. I am sending the following message to the Lemur "/Test @content MyText" where /Test is the custom OSC address of my label. Anybody successful with this?

Macciza
Regular

Re: Text to Lemur via OSC

Post by Macciza » 10 Dec 2011 01:14

High
The code looks fine - so long as you are not actually sending the surrounding ""'s . . .
Using a message box containing /Text @content MyText sent to udpsend set to the Lemur ip:port should work
Remember that if it is in a Container its address become /Container.Text *edit: sorry /Container/Text
Check your ip:ports and try again - It works for me OSX 10.6.8. . .

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

gio

Post by gio » 10 Dec 2011 17:01

Hi there,

thanks a lot for the reply. So here is the thing: if the text object is in a plain interface with no containers, then I can update the text via OSC. However, if the text object is in a container, this does not work anymore. I have tried using in Max both the "self assigned" OSC address for the object and a "custom" OSC address as well, but none of them works.
Are you able to update text for objects in containers? If yes, what's the trick? Once again, thanks a lot for the help! Much appreciated. BTW, I am using OSX 1.6.6 and Max 5.1.8.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 11 Dec 2011 01:22

Hi
I think you may need to double check your addressing - both methods work here for me ie assigned and custom . . .
Have attached basic project and Max patch that should work . . .
Cheers
MM
TextTest.zip
TextTest Project and MaxPatch
(1.36KiB)Downloaded 359 times
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

gio

Post by gio » 11 Dec 2011 20:01

Thanks! I was doing something stupid with the self assigned OSC address (including /light at the end of the address in Max). Now it's working! Thanks a lot. But I still have problems with "custom" OSC address, the ones you give yourself to the object. Those don't see to work properly. I might be doing something stupid again....