Stop Step Objects?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
quartzite
Stop Step Objects?

Post by quartzite » 24 Jan 2017 04:23

Hey all!

I apologize if this is in here and I am missing it, but is there some way to start/stop the step objects? I've tried toggling the clock they are set to sync too, but that doesn't work well/consistent.

Alternatively, is there some way to set the active step of the step object. This doesn't seem to work:

StepSliderTune.step = 3;

I want to be able to sync two step objects after adjusting their number of steps, and I can't seem to find anything.

Thanks much!

quartzite

Re: Stop Step Objects?

Post by quartzite » 24 Jan 2017 19:55

Ahh, I see that I can manipulate the clock object with commands. Its limited but I may be able to at least group my step objects to different clocks and start/stop them that way. Not really what I wanted but better than nothing. Is there some other way I'm missing?

Edit: Ahh, turns out those functions only work if my clocks aren't slave to midi. I don't really want my iPad as the midi master...

quartzite

Post by quartzite » 23 Mar 2017 23:09

Bumping this one more time as I'm coming back here. Is there any way to reset the sequencer object position when lemur is synced to an external clock?

midi_clocks does not allow me to set it and none of the midi commands have an effect. Even if its a hacky fix I'd take it.

quartzite

Post by quartzite » 24 Mar 2017 19:44

The solution I have come to is if you change the size of the step object, the position is reset. I am leveraging this to have some control over the step sequencer position.