Windows 7 Lemur Config

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
paulfaz
Windows 7 Lemur Config

Post by paulfaz » 09 Dec 2011 19:14

Hi All,

Can anyone explain what they are using to connect an Ipad running Lemur to Windows 7, and then to an appropriate Midi program such as Ableton / Traktor.

I have sent an e-mail to support but thought it would also be worth an ask on here.

Currently i have...

Ipad (Lemur) > LoopMidi > Traktor

I have created a port in LoopMidi called "loopMidi".
After launching the settings in Lemur on the iPad, i have gone to Midi Targets where i have set both the From & To, to MyLaptop:loopMidi

In the Lemur Daemon it now says...
LocalPort Connection Remote Port
loopMidi Sends To Pauls iPad: Lemur In 0
loopMidi Receives From Pauls iPad: Lemur Out 0

Within Traktor, i have created a new "Generic Midi" device and set the input to loopMidi. I have also tried setting the input to "All Ports".

Unfortunately i dont seem to be receiving any midi messages at all?

I have also tried using rtpMidi rather than loopMidi. I also have Ableton and have tried Ableton instead of Traktor and seem to have the same issue.

Any help anybody can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

willsanquil

Re: Windows 7 Lemur Config

Post by willsanquil » 09 Dec 2011 23:50

Hi Paul,

Have you tried using MIDI Yoke instead? I followed the instructions in the Lemur manual, but with MIDI Yoke (actually, their screenshots show them using MIDI yoke too...not the Loopmidi or rtpmidi that they suggest) and all of my stuff works fine on Win 7 64 going into Ableton.

bigblessin

Post by bigblessin » 10 Dec 2011 00:27

I agree with the guy above, use midi yoke. I tried loopmidi and it is a disaster.

paulfaz

Post by paulfaz » 10 Dec 2011 11:30

Excellent feedback, I'll try midi yoke and report back

paulfaz

Post by paulfaz » 10 Dec 2011 12:31

Ok ive tried MidiYoke, and guess what... it works!!!! cheers everyone.

FYI...

The configuration i now have.

Windows 7 x64 laptop
1) Turn off UAC & reboot
2) Install MidiYoke (note: this installs a control panel applet), and reboot.
3) Open Lemur on the Ipad and select From: MyComputer: In From MidiYoke 1, To: MyComputer: Out To Midi Yoke 1
4) Open Lemur Daemon and you should now have.
Local Port Connection Remote Port
In from Midi Yoke 1 Sends To MyIpad: Lemur In 0
Out from Midi Yoke 1 Receives From MyIpad: Lemur Out 0

5) Open Traktor/Ableton and configure the In / Out ports as Midi Yoke 1.

This is all i did, so no other software is required.

Thanks

Paul

jlys

Post by jlys » 10 Dec 2011 22:20

Thanks Paul! i did your steps and it looks to be working excepted that in ableton i think i have a midi feedback loop.
When i move an assignated control there's an orange square in top right corner of ableton live (between the "key" and "midi" buttons) which don't stop and midi signal looks messed up, sometimes it freeze everything and i have to close live (depending of the assignation). don't you?
I turned both midiyoke1 in and out ON in live's midi config excepted the sync buttons. If anybody have an idea i take
Thanks by advance

willsanquil

Post by willsanquil » 10 Dec 2011 23:04

I had that same problem - make sure in your lemur daemon you are not using the same MIDI yoke port.

jlys

Post by jlys » 11 Dec 2011 12:19

ah yes thanks. i have no excuse it was written on the documentation..

walkinstyle

Post by walkinstyle » 06 Feb 2012 02:30

This thread has been very helpful, and after reading it I thought my problems were solved..

I'm using a pc laptop and have an ipad with lemur on it, but when I create an ad-hoc network called lemur on the laptop and try to connect to it, it just says 'waiting for users to connect'... the ipad sees the network, and the check mark comes up when I connect from the ipad. After I go into the settings on the ipad to connect to the midi yoke and follow the steps as outlined in this thread nothing shows up... just 'session 1' and that's it... any ideas? My buddy and I were just gonna say screw it and go out and buy a midi hub, but if we can avoid that we will. Any ideas? Thanks very much!

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » 20 Apr 2012 04:46

This thread has been very helpful, and after reading it I thought my problems were solved..

I'm using a pc laptop and have an ipad with lemur on it, but when I create an ad-hoc network called lemur on the laptop and try to connect to it, it just says 'waiting for users to connect'... the ipad sees the network, and the check mark comes up when I connect from the ipad. After I go into the settings on the ipad to connect to the midi yoke and follow the steps as outlined in this thread nothing shows up... just 'session 1' and that's it... any ideas? Thanks very much!
Hi, I have exactly the same issues as above post.
Can anyone offer me any advice on how to overcome this connection issue?

Thank you......