Midipipe?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
j5k
Midipipe?

Post by j5k » 09 Dec 2011 16:09

I tried yesterday to get midipipe between Lemur and Traktor, with zero luck. Anyone have any ideas? My motivation for this is to use the lemurMenu to select fx in an fx group. I want the lemurMenu to act like a fader. I've setup the menu with the number of items I need, and have it responding to Traktor's output (meaning if I select an effect on Traktor's screen, the menu on Lemur highlights the selected effect) but I cannot for the life of me get Traktor to select the effect when i select it in the lemurMenu.

I've tried using an mpd24 and mapped the fx select to a fader without issues, so my current thinking is if i can drop midipipe between the mpd and Traktor and capture the midi it's sending, I should then be able to replicate in Lemur. Unfortunately I can't get midipipe to monitor the data coming from Lemur.

cliffman

Re: Midipipe?

Post by cliffman » 09 Dec 2011 22:36

I have used MidiPipe for this.Make sure the Lemur Daemon is running, and Lemur on iPad is setup to use a Daemon in/out. Then, MidiPipe will show the Lemur Daemon on it's list of in/outs, AList works fine.

j5k

Re: Midipipe?

Post by j5k » 10 Dec 2011 14:48

I'll give it another go. What's interesting is when I go into the settings in lemur the only io I can choose is "session 1" which is the name of the network midi device (I think). I never see the daemon io's in there. Everything seems to work... Aka the lemur sends and receives midi to and from the computer just fine.