Newbie Question

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
NRKorsakov
Newbie Question

Post by NRKorsakov » 10 Jan 2017 18:39

I'm just getting into learning Lemur and the Lemur editor.

Today is my first day of it.

I want to create a simple 10X10 set of drum-pad-triggers for my DAW.

I can create a pad object in the Lemur Editor, then modify it to be a 10-row X 10-column set of pads.

What I can't figure out now is how I edit each of the 100 individual pads (note, label, velocity, etc)?

When I click on an individual pad, it just selects the whole 10 X 10 group of pads?

How is this done?

Thanks very much!

phase_change
Regular

Re: Newbie Question

Post by phase_change » 14 Jan 2017 17:22

Lemur treats a grid as a single object that is an array instead of as multiple objects. Pad.x[0] is going to be the first pad. Pad.x[1] is going to be the second pad etc. To change note values set the note value range and it will be mapped to the pads. Changing velocity is a little bit trickier, but can be done. You can check my 16 step template for how to set velocity using multifaders (or maybe multistep, I can't remember what I used.) You don't necessarily have to control velocity with another object, you can create an expression and store the values as an array then set velocity equal to that expression. I'm p sure you can control labels w/ setattribute() - check the documentation in the Lemur guide. Before you ask for an example, I don't have time to make any and won't for the foreseeable future.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?