Trying To Emulate Hardware

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
rockdude9k
Trying To Emulate Hardware

Post by rockdude9k » 27 Dec 2016 19:56

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to emulate a novation Launch Control XL on my lemur and having some difficulty getting Live read it that way. I'm setting the midi faders the same as the novations and setting the control surface in Live to be Launch Control XL with the corresponding midi inputs and outputs. Yet it's not working.... any ideas?

MrCorba
Regular

Re: Trying To Emulate Hardware

Post by MrCorba » 28 Dec 2016 17:20

Some of the hardware scripts rely on a handshake to ensure the connected device is the actual selected device. This to make sure people dont just use the scripts with something else ;)

But luckily these scripts can be decompiled. So my advice is to decompile the scripts and check if there is indeed a handshake.

Atm I unfortunately dont have the time to look into this

Hopefully this Will get you somewhere
"Having no silence in music is like having no black or white in a painting" - Brian Eno
https://soundcloud.com/mrcorba

rockdude9k

Post by rockdude9k » 28 Dec 2016 19:15

I was afraid of that....

In theory would it be possible to just delete that handshake and reserve the script?

rockdude9k

Post by rockdude9k » 28 Dec 2016 19:24

Well I looked at the code and it's completely beyond me... if anyone wants to be generous that would be awesome and super useful but I have no idea how to even start.

Guess i'm back to mapping

MrCorba
Regular

Post by MrCorba » 02 Jan 2017 21:17

I'm still on Live 8, so I don't have the remote scripts. If you want to upload them here, I'll take a look at it
"Having no silence in music is like having no black or white in a painting" - Brian Eno
https://soundcloud.com/mrcorba